How to delete blank home screens?

graciemarie14

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble deleting an empty home screen. I go to edit homescreen and attempt to drag screen to the trash can, but it doesn't delete. The trash can turns red but home screen remains. Any other suggestions?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Might need a reboot and try again? Not sure but I know you can't delete your last remaining homescreen, which I doubt you are trying. Perhaps make sure it's not set as your default screen (I think denoted by a star)? Just some ideas.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
One of my favorite things to say: "nothing is broken until you reboot it and it still doesn't work"!

Glad it's fixed for you.

DixieChick79

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem in a sense. I use to be able to hold down on the blank screen and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom. However, now? I can't even get the blank screen to drag. I did a reboot (restart) and it didn't help. Any other suggestions?:confused:

Morgan Leininger

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
For Galaxy Note 10, just pinch any home screen and you'll be brought to a screen with all your homescreens as thumbnails. Tap and hold a scdeen and drag and drop to the trashcan at the top of the screen.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem in a sense. I use to be able to hold down on the blank screen and drag it to the trash bin at the bottom. However, now? I can't even get the blank screen to drag. I did a reboot (restart) and it didn't help. Any other suggestions?:confused:

On the gs3 you hit the menu key and edit page. Grab the blank page and drag to trash. Im hoping you have a gs3 since you posted in a s3 thread

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

airbus737

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank YOU! Squeezing the home screens WORKS GREAT for the Samsung Galaxy Note I and Note II. Next month, when I forget how this was accomplished, I'll have to find this site again, but for now you've been a blessing.

Tara Innes

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Omg I had a Samsung galaxy ace for a just over a year I could never work out how to get rid of all my extra screens drove me crazy! now I have had s3 for a while, its does the same THANK YOU I am now sain lol x x

happyone3

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I could kiss you THANKYOU. I have a galaxy s3, This has been driving me bonkers for the past few months. :D happy dance!

For Galaxy Note 10, just pinch any home screen and you'll be brought to a screen with all your homescreens as thumbnails. Tap and hold a scdeen and drag and drop to the trashcan at the top of the screen.

Schivas

May 27, 2014
Visit site
It is very easy. You just sqeeze (pinch) the sceen on home screen. Then you just drag the unwanted screen to the trash can either on top or bottom of the screen. This way you can drag all the unwanted screens. Hope this resolves your problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XCman