Text notifications cut short?

JS_racer

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
what fixed it for me, don't recall where i heard it but i did not come up with it.
here it is, messaging, settings, delete old messages. i unchecked that and it has been working fine for days now. My wife and i both have spring s3 phones, hers was fixed also.
now the message delete is very nice on this phone. i use to long hold, then delete. on this, with the messages showing, left button, delete messages. this gives check boxes next to the messages to batch delete.
hope this helps,
Joel

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue and reported it to Samsung via their FB app.

[edit]
I deleted my old SMS and it looks like that cleared the problem. Thanks!
[/edit]

Last edited:

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I deleted all my txts and it worked till I had about 6 txts before it played up again. Just unticked the delete old msg box and will see what happens.

Maybe I should refuse to accept this unreliability and change to scapple?

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, when I get a text as well, only half my notification tone plays as though it was interupted 1/2 way though playing it.

Bugs the hell out of me.

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been talking with @samsungsupport on twitter. I have also directed them to this thread. They seem very eager to address the problem.

True the problem is only a small annoyance but still.
I'm glad to see their support staff is so responsive.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
This issue drove me nuts, however I have the solution. In order for the notification sound to play the entire tone, you must delete old text messages. It makes no sense, but I promise your problem will be solved.

I deleted all my txts and it worked till I had about 6 txts before it played up again. Just unticked the delete old msg box and will see what happens.

Maybe I should refuse to accept this unreliability and change to scapple?

Bingo, worked for me. I just unchecked the automatic delete option.

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I unchecked auto delete and installed Nova launcher at around the same time, now it either plays the notification completely or not at all, unless I delete all my messages which is a total pain in the arse.
Using Go sms for now