official JB update?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah Alex's article. it does look good. im actualy lookin forward to seeing what jb touchwiz is like. theres rumours itl be released for gt-i9300 with the note2 on 29th :) i think widgetlocker will be fine man. wana know if i should be backing stuff up though

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I dont think i have ever got myself so involved in a phone before. tweaking this and that etc. hints and tips. Im a bit hooked on this forum :) I will never understand the phone ie ram root blah blah etc. But its all here.
But i am looking forward to this update

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah Alex's article. it does look good. im actualy lookin forward to seeing what jb touchwiz is like. theres rumours itl be released for gt-i9300 with the note2 on 29th :) i think widgetlocker will be fine man. wana know if i should be backing stuff up though

Awesome, i spent 3 weeks to perfect my lockscreen, and I will not restart it, lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. i hate kies lol. my xperia ICS update wasnt OTA though. as soon as it gets announced am gona start checkin for OTA, think it puts u in a queue though. every ota iv had on the s3 its told me updates are provided in the order theyre requested or something and to try again later and then a couple days later i finaly get it

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok OTA,over the air,whats that all about? Ah ffs man this is all too much hahahaha.
Does this mean you can download the update without it being plugged into the computer??

Blazer

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
My "guess" is that JB will be an OTA for the international version. But in the US, we will have to use Kies via PC and only with USB cable.

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
In my experience with Samsung it will both but OTA will probably be the first you notice as you will get a notification. Also I have never seen an OTA that wipes your user data so you should be fine ( they would have to give a warning first)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I would always advise backing up though because I have had OTA's mis-flash before and leave me with a semi working device, that I had to do a factory restore to fix :( learnt the hard way;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19