Gsam battery monitor

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone using this app? I was fine with just he battery % until my phone was awake while my screen was off. This app tells you about all power consumption based on app.

It also has a nice set of icons for your notification area and a nice widget. I currently have the ICS style icon. Anyway I think it's an awesome app and I'm trying to support the dev. There is a free version that you can try before you buy.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i use it but im not sure how accurate the average battery life thing is. yday i got 12.5 hours just through normal use coz i was out but at home i use it heavily, browsing etc yet gsam says my average batt life is 13.5
hours so i take it with pinch of salt lol. really good app though. i might try a paid app called Better Battery Stats or somethin along those lines, aparently its pretty good and shouldnt be too hard to find for free ;)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using this app? I was fine with just he battery % until my phone was awake while my screen was off. This app tells you about all power consumption based on app.

It also has a nice set of icons for your notification area and a nice widget. I currently have the ICS style icon. Anyway I think it's an awesome app and I'm trying to support the dev. There is a free version that you can try before you buy.

I used GSAM Battery app when it was known as Bad A** Battery Monitor and between that and CPU Spy it has been my go to app for battery monitoring.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
They have a free version as well as paid.

I don't really worry about the average battery life. I just look at what apps are keeping the phone awake.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
cool. i use a mix of both tbh mate :) ..trouble with stock is it resets itself when u plug in above 90% or somethin

Last edited:

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Not really. It's kind of a ballpark. It has average battery life but it also has battery life remaining based on the last x minutes (15, 30, or 60) which is what I go off.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I found is the information in the notification bar doesn't update frequently. Sobif you pull the bar down it will say you have 14:53 left but when you open the app it says 21:25 left.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I don't like is the notification icon is on the left side instead of with the rest of the system info. But other than that it's perfect.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I love the app, the widget however is horrible. Doesn't work

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've only just bought the app. And it says that the average time left should get more accurate over time. Has anyone found that is the case?

Also what theme do you use? I am torn between the big circle and the ICS monochrome

Last edited:

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned, only for drain issues not time remaining. Says my average is 22.5 hrs (heh, maybe on a sick day).

VZW SGS3 Tap a Talk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it says my average is 1 day 4 hours. But the FAQ says it learns constantly and gets better after each charge. If you installed it on the weekend like I did than it would make sense for it to really high. I didn't use my phone very much at all. But during the week I'm on it all the time. So we'll see if it evens out.

Something Creative

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I use it and dig it so far. I mainly use it to see where my battery drain is coming from since the stock battery app doesn't accurately tell you what's eating your battery. I don't use the widget, so no ideas on that. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and think that it has gotten more accurate on how long I have remaining and avg life.