Chrome error

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and girls,

Google Chrome browser have been force closing on me when I try to copy from a website.

any help?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing your cache, without being a little more specific it's hard to help. Uninstall/reinstall. Rooted? Which rom? Custom 3rd party launcher?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Completely stock, no launcher and yes I have uninstall, restart and reinstall.

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe try clearing data and cache. Reinstall it without allowing Google to automatically backup your info. Clear both a couple times maybe. Use a file explorer just to make sure there are no chrome remnants. That should work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah, so you're having problems copying/pasting text? And it fails during the copy process: you get the long-press menu, and when you select the copy icon (the little scissors or something like that) you get an FC from whichever app you were copying the text? Are you using the stock keyboard?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ah, so you're having problems copying/pasting text? And it fails during the copy process: you get the long-press menu, and when you select the copy icon (the little scissors or something like that) you get an FC from whichever app you were copying the text? Are you using the stock keyboard?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not using stock keyboard, currently I'm using the beta version on Swype.

I well try stock keyboard and let everyone knows.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I just notice it's not only chrome but I can't copy from any app. When I try it force close.
The only solution that I found was to reset the phone back to factory conditions. If you root, you can delete the clipboard file that's causing the issue. After I reset my phone, I went ahead and unlocked it rooted it.

Annoying but there are only two options. Link to the solution.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'd hate to resort to rooting just to solve the problem.

I checked out a couple of the Clipboard managers in the Play Store and interestingly enough, one of them said that if you were experiencing crashes during copy/paste on a Samsung Galaxy S III then you should contact Samsung support. Anyway, you might consider trying a 3rd party application (ClipIT: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.clipper or
Clipper: http://market.android.com/details?id=org.rojekti.clipper) to manage your clipboard and see what happens.

Finally, I'd be interested to know what happens if you merely long-press in an empty text field. Do you get the Paste/Clipboard option that's normally shown?
a3eryge5.jpg
If so, you could select the Clipboard option and manually delete all of the items from the Clipboard.

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
@broadwayblues

You're awesome.. there is not enough "Thank You" I could give you.....

I rooted and follow the link.

The only solution that I found was to reset the phone back to factory conditions. If you root, you can delete the clipboard file that's causing the issue. After I reset my phone, I went ahead and unlocked it rooted it.

Annoying but there are only two options. Link to the solution.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'd hate to resort to rooting just to solve the problem.

I checked out a couple of the Clipboard managers in the Play Store and interestingly enough, one of them said that if you were experiencing crashes during copy/paste on a Samsung Galaxy S III then you should contact Samsung support. Anyway, you might consider trying a 3rd party application (ClipIT: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.clipper or
Clipper: http://market.android.com/details?id=org.rojekti.clipper) to manage your clipboard and see what happens.

Finally, I'd be interested to know what happens if you merely long-press in an empty text field. Do you get the Paste/Clipboard option that's normally shown?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/11/a3eryge5.jpg If so, you could select the Clipboard option and manually delete all of the items from the Clipboard.

Just to let you know, when you select either Copy or Cut from the popup menu, the program that you are in will always force close, and the clipboard isn't showing anything as being copied or cut. It's just blank, so selecting Paste after you go through all this trouble doesn't help you at all because it literally doesn't do anything.