Droid Xer Q on upgrading to SG3

OC2LA

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have about a thousand pics and videos of my kids on there, so I don't wanna lose them on the switch... To save me an hour long call to customer service, can anyone quickly tell me if I upgrade from my original first gen Droid X to get the GS3, can I transfer all my pics/videos? Or are they gone :-( ?

Thanks Droiders!

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to offload them off your old phone to your computer then upload them to your new one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have about a thousand pics and videos of my kids on there, so I don't wanna lose them on the switch... To save me an hour long call to customer service, can anyone quickly tell me if I upgrade from my original first gen Droid X to get the GS3, can I transfer all my pics/videos? Or are they gone :-( ?

Thanks Droiders!

The best way to make sure you'll be able to save those memories is to first save them/back them up on your computer that way you'll certainly have them regardless of what happens when you get a new phone. You could then copy them onto an sd card so they'll be available on the GS3 as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

OC2LA

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The best way to make sure you'll be able to save those memories is to first save them/back them up on your computer that way you'll certainly have them regardless of what happens when you get a new phone. You could then copy them onto an sd card so they'll be available on the GS3 as well.

Yeah I was thinking I would have to save onto my desktop.... When I went from Blackberry to Droid X, they imported everything from my SD card (?) onto the Droid, so all my stuff (phn nbmrs, pics, videos) were all immediately available on the Droid, from the Blackberry..

Ugh.. I was just hoping it would be that easy...

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Ugh.. I was just hoping it would be that easy...

It's still easy to back them up to your computer since it's all in a single DCIM folder (unless you made others outside of that directory).

If you want to make it even easier for the future store all your media on the external SD card rather than internal memory. Then you can just move the card over. ;)

Rev.

scraptacular

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Dropbox to automatically upload pictures and videos from my phone. They're saved online and it syncs automatically with Dropbox on my PC. And it's FREE! Download it from the Play store and it gives you an option to upload existing photos and videos as well. Good luck!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
googles dream of phones without expandable storage will never sit well with me until they provide free unlimited reliable data to all android owners!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

gogators1974

Banned
Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Pics and videos are in ur files on ur phone.. All you do is send them to ur sd card. Transfer from phone to sd card.. You don't need any app or computer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Pics and videos are in ur files on ur phone.. All you do is send them to ur sd card. Transfer from phone to sd card.. You don't need any app or computer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

we know that man ;)
where you been hiding anyway?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez