Caller ID not working.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. I'll get calls from people in my contacts but it'll only have the number. Not until I answer does their name and picture show up. I'm using go launcher but just the stock contacts.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
its nothing to do with the launcher but as a GO fanboy i recomend using Go Contacts as default and disabling stock contacts ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1348878430947.jpg

my fav Go Contacts/Dialer theme....theres 100s... GO should really hire me as P.R. lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
They show in your contacts with names?

Are you syncing your contacts with Google or your carrier?

I would suggest syncing your contacts to your Google account (open Contacts app, press Menu, Merge With Google), after that go into your Application Manager > All than wiping the data from both Contacts & Contacts Storage, reboot, now go into Settings > Accounts and sync > *your Google account* and make sure Sync Contacts is checked. Hit Sync Now at the bottom, reboot once more, and give it a go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I switched to go contacts and it works. Easy fix.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay just kidding, this morning my dad called and the caller ID just had his number. When I answered it then it said who it was. Yesterday I had my friend call and she showed up so I'm at a loss.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay just kidding, this morning my dad called and the caller ID just had his number. When I answered it then it said who it was. Yesterday I had my friend call and she showed up so I'm at a loss.

dad too ugly for s3? :p

mjnissim

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Try the Contacts+ app. It's the only thing that worked for me after spending long hours trying to fix it through forums, labs and friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non