Caller ID Announcement quit working

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
My caller ID Announcement quit working :( The regular ring works fine, but now when the caller is announced, the ring starts cutting in and out, and the voice is extremely low with the volume all the way up. It's became basically useless, so I've had to turn it off.

I tried clearing cache and force stopping the phone app, sound apps, Google Assistant apps, and even the Bluetooth apps since I've also been having Bluetooth issues that were connected to the Caller ID feature. I've changed ringtones, turned Caller ID off and on multiple times while restarting the phone, not really sure what's left except a factory reset.

The only thing I haven't tried is safe mode... but my phone has never had a third party app installed on it since new, all stock, so that seemed like a waste of time. Should I still give it a try? I've heard that alone can fix issues? Thanks in advance for any feedback you guys have :D

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Safe Mode can't hurt, it's worth a shot.

I gave it a shot... no go :( So I went ahead and did a clean factory reset and updated my stock apps through the play store, still no go... I'm pretty sure it's an update that broke it. A very recent update also broke the screen rotation/double tap to wake/lift to wake feature on my pixel 1 as well. I factory reset it as well to fix those problems... and they were fixed till I updated the apps in the play store... then they quit again.

Back up on BrokeApp Mountain....

I have to say I'm really frustrated with Google renaming and repurposing a lot of their apps for Android 12. 12 itself has ran great for me, but some of the (cr)apps have been terrible... not wanting to install, hanging, freezing, crashing the play store... and that's on 4 different phones, all running stock Android. I can't wait to set up my Z Flip 3 and try something new. Maybe Sammy can give me more stability... wouldn't that be a shocker lol.

I never thought I'd say this... but I need a pixel break :eek: :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000