Direct Call Widget faied after Nova Launcher installed

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Installed the Nova Launcher and now my (don't know what it's called - see item #1 in picture) place-a-call-immediately widget is not working. When I click on the widget I get an "app not installed" (see item #2) message pop up. Interestingly, the place-a-text-immediately (#3) is working, and it is so closely related. (In my case I replaced the icon with a Metro Station icon here.)

When I go to my app drawer I find that widgets are now in a scrollable list rather than the pages with sized represented displays as before with the stock launcher? Further, the widgets for instant calling and text messages no longer appear in the list. (You'd think that the text one that is working would be there?)

So, my questions are;
1. Are the instant text and instant call widgets available with stock launcher only?

2. If so, is there a third-party app to do the same thing? (I'd rather use stock options if available)

3. How do I switch back to the stock launcher? Just would like to look at a few things. I can't imagine not using Nova at this point.

Attachments

• 10-3-2012 8-07-19 AM.jpg
    10-3-2012 8-07-19 AM.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 71

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Yes, those widgets are specific to TouchWiz, so they won't show up in the list
2. I don't happen to use either of those features so I can't make a recommendation but I'm sure you can find a replacement by doing a search in the Play Store
3. Go to Settings -> Manage apps -> Nova Launcher -> Clear defaults

BTW, I really like how you pointed out items in the screenshot - what app did you use for that?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. For some reason the Direct Dial shortcuts will convert over when you switch from TouchWiz to Nova but they don't work. But the fix is simple though...
All you have to do is recreate the shortcut in Nova by tap and holding a blank space on the home screen, then select "Shortcuts" then scroll down to "Direct Dial" and select the person/number you want to add. Oh and delete the other "bad" direct dial shortcut on the Nova launcher.

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
But the fix is simple though... All you have to do is recreate the shortcut in Nova by . . . .
THANKS!! That worked out perfectly. In fact the Nova version is easier and uses the contacts photo for the icon.

---------- Post Merged at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:00 PM ----------

BTW, I really like how you pointed out items in the screenshot - what app did you use for that?
I used the sideways hand swipe to capture the image, then emailed to my computer, then used "Snag It" which is invaluable to me for getting fast screen captures of certian areas, then marking up the image with many built in tools.

TheLastUchiha

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Possible solution..!
I had the same problem & after a lot of head-scratchin' & tinkerin', it occured to me-
Go to Settings>Developer Options & see if the option "Do Not Keep Activities" is checked. If it is, uncheck it.
You're good to go..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez