Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Srambo217
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Where are photos stored?

I took pictures while on vacation that I want to download. But cant find them. Can someone please tell me where they are stored.
    Thanks

Default Re: Where are photos stored?

You can't view them in your gallery or anything?

Install QuickPic and verify whether or not your pictures are still on your phone.

If yes, than your photos should be located in sdcard/DCIM/Camera. You have multiple ways to copy them to your computer. The more common way would be to use KIES (google: Samsung Kies Download to install), but you could select them all with QuickPic and email them to yourself, upload them to Google+ or flickr or Picasa, transfers them to your physical Sdcard (ExtSDcard) with a file explorer like Astro than toss it into your PC, download them with Wifi File Explorer, ect.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts

There are a number of ways. I installed SugarSync, and they just automatically appear on my desktop.
    In the end, I plug in the USB cable and manually manipulate them on the phone drive that shows up, in the DCIM folder.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Thanks for the help. For some reaseon my SD card did not show up when I connected to computer.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by arburnley View Post
    Thanks for the help. For some reaseon my SD card did not show up when I connected to computer.
    you have to tell the camera to save pics to external sd if that helps mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

You'll find them in
    /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera
    if they're being saved to the default location ('Phone' in the stock camera app). If you changed the location to the real SDCard ('Memory card' in the stock camera app) you'll find them at
    /mnt/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera
    Note that it doesn't seem like you can change the default storage location of burst mode pictures - those get put in
    /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera
    regardless of the Storage location that you select in the stock camera app.

If you're interested, screenshots get put in
    /mnt/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

anyone know a way of making screenshots save to ext' sd?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Thumbs up Re: Where are photos stored?

I found your post while searching for the answer to the same question, I want to thank you but I cannot find the "Thanks" button. So "THANKS!" anyway. New to this forum.

"Thanks" button is located right above the word "forum" in your post. (At least if the page is viewed full width.)
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

I have a newer Galaxy S3. I do not have an SD card installed yet. I have taken several pictures that up until now I could look at by looking on the phone in the "gallery" tab. The other day I took several more pictures which are now in the "gallery" but the first few I took in the beginning are gone. I have no idea as to where to look for them. Can anyone help??