Where are photos stored?

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I took pictures while on vacation that I want to download. But cant find them. Can someone please tell me where they are stored.
Thanks

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You can't view them in your gallery or anything?

Install QuickPic and verify whether or not your pictures are still on your phone.

If yes, than your photos should be located in sdcard/DCIM/Camera. You have multiple ways to copy them to your computer. The more common way would be to use KIES (google: Samsung Kies Download to install), but you could select them all with QuickPic and email them to yourself, upload them to Google+ or flickr or Picasa, transfers them to your physical Sdcard (ExtSDcard) with a file explorer like Astro than toss it into your PC, download them with Wifi File Explorer, ect.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
There are a number of ways. I installed SugarSync, and they just automatically appear on my desktop.
In the end, I plug in the USB cable and manually manipulate them on the phone drive that shows up, in the DCIM folder.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. For some reaseon my SD card did not show up when I connected to computer.

you have to tell the camera to save pics to external sd if that helps mate

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You'll find them in
/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera
if they're being saved to the default location ('Phone' in the stock camera app). If you changed the location to the real SDCard ('Memory card' in the stock camera app) you'll find them at
/mnt/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera
Note that it doesn't seem like you can change the default storage location of burst mode pictures - those get put in
/mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera
regardless of the Storage location that you select in the stock camera app.

If you're interested, screenshots get put in
/mnt/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone know a way of making screenshots save to ext' sd?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

eddavidson

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I found your post while searching for the answer to the same question, I want to thank you but I cannot find the "Thanks" button. So "THANKS!" anyway. New to this forum.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a newer Galaxy S3. I do not have an SD card installed yet. I have taken several pictures that up until now I could look at by looking on the phone in the "gallery" tab. The other day I took several more pictures which are now in the "gallery" but the first few I took in the beginning are gone. I have no idea as to where to look for them. Can anyone help??

Azalyn Goza

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem (couldn't find my photos).

The file location for the photos I took on my phone (Galaxy S4) was Computer\SCH-I545\Card\DCIM\Camera BUT my windows 7 pc could not see them. I don't know why. I used "Samsung Kies3" to find the photos and them copy them to my pc.

Hope this helps you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer