Attempting to update Owner info under security and phone keeps crashing

dh4321

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
All,

I've searched a few times but unable to find a solution to my problem. Under Owner info, I have business name and address. I'm moving to new offices next week, so I simply want to update my address under the Owner Info. But when I click on settings/security/Owner Information, the phone simply pauses for a few seconds and then screen goes dark. After about 10 seconds or so, up pops a box that says "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped. You click on OK and it takes you back to your home screen. I have no other issues with Settings commands so this is very strange. I honestly don't have a clue how long this may have been an issue since I typed this info on my phone in first day or two of ownership and haven't had to go into security since.

I downloaded Avast security a few days ago and thought this could be the problem, but I uninstalled this and still getting the same issue. Any help is appreciated.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Try a battery pull

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Try a battery pull

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

love the sig iCrank. ive read the book a couple times (1st time as a tale about animals, 2nd time as an alegory) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
love the sig iCrank. ive read the book a couple times (1st time as a tale about animals, 2nd time as an alegory) :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

It's actually my favorite book. I must of read 20 times.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
nice one man. poor old Boxer the working class :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry for taking the thread off topic mate.
i cant even find the setting to add owner info :confused:

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've done a battery pull numerous times with no luck.

Are you rooted? You should just be able to go into security and lock screen and click on owners information. I don't know why it isn't allowing you to change it

dh4321

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not rooted.
And I agree, this should be a simple update. But something within my system is making my phone crash every time I attempt to click on the owner info section of security. I assume something has gotten corrupted, but I haven't a clue on how to fix it. Any assistance appreciated.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The only for sure way to fix it is to factory reset

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im guessin the owner info setting is a carrier thing?
my unlocked UK s3 doesnt seem to have it.
whats the point in it?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
whats the point in it?

i guess the point is to identify the owner in case of the device being lost or stolen. it really doesnt matter because 9/10 times the device will not be returned. i usually just keep a slogan there.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
whats the point in it?

i guess the point is to identify the owner in case of the device being lost or stolen. it really doesnt matter because 9/10 times the device will not be returned. i usually just keep a slogan there.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aye people never return phones even though theyl usualy be IMEI locked within a couple of days and put in the bin lol :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
theyre rare in Paisley mate :)
i live in hope that an anti theft app will one day help me find a theif and hand down my own version of justice :)

dh4321

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
At this risk of sounding foolish, if I do a factory reset once the phone comes back up and I enter in my google account info will my apps automatically reload or will I have to reload each one individually?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
At this risk of sounding foolish, if I do a factory reset once the phone comes back up and I enter in my google account info will my apps automatically reload or will I have to reload each one individually?

No question is foolish. But you'll have to download them individually. I wish there was a easier way to re download them.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
in my case they downloaded automaticly.
use a backup app mate. without root it wont save app settings but should save installed apps and let you install them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member