Wifi contninuosly downloading

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
It started sometime yesterday (had the phone for over a month) but the downloading icon in the notifications bar is always lit up, no matter what network I'm connected to (work or home). I downloaded Traffic Monitor from the Play store and this downloading is coming from System Traffic (about 290 MB worth of data in the past two days, that's with having the wifi off over night). This does not happen when I turn wifi off and connect via mobile network, so I don't think it's due to a runaway app trying to connect/sync somewhere. I've searched around but haven't really found anything to help me fix this. Any suggestions?

FYI: I'm unrooted, running Nova launcher and have a calendar, email and alarm clock widget on my home screens.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I could be something running in the background though

Try using this app called "Onavo Count" to monitor your data usage and see what is using your data
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bmF2by5hbmRyb2lkLm9uYXZvaWQiXQ&token=ZlldRpO9..

It's only the WiFi, the app I mentioned in my original post monitors both: WiFi and cellular data. I'm concerned about battery life.

I've had this 'issue' since day one. Have not found any solutions but it doesn't seem to be impacting anything for me.

Sigh, it's a bit annoying. I'd love to know what it's actually doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer