Take a picture and the phone cuts off

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Stock..uprooted, rooted, doesn't matter.... My phone does this sometimes... I take a picture and the phone cuts off and I have to pull the battery to get it back on.... I'm currently rooted running paranoid Android... But it did it while stock and while running another rom..... Any clues???? Help me out.. Please

Sent from my GS3....

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...are u using a lot of memory in the background? (Background apps)
You may have to do a factory reset, I wouldnt be surprised if something happened while you were rooting, or the Rom u are using is buggy
Did this happen when you first got the phone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You may have to do a factory reset, I wouldnt be surprised if something happened while you were rooting, or the Rom u are using is buggy

This was my idea. Are you leaving alot of stuff running? If you hit max RAM usage is could see the phone just cutting off.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My phone shut off while using a strobe light for 3 seconds on cm10 and it rebooted itself...

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yay ma phones never crashed yet......
.....am i really considering cm10

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
luvin it too but b better if it just said sheep though.
i know isheep is a bit frowned on here

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

It's probably the background apps running... Because it did it before I rooted my phone and then every now and then it does it still

Sent from my GS3....

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you do a search in the forums you'll get some hits for similar problems - one guy only had problems when using the flash while taking pictures; another guy had problems without the flash. I think they were both unrooted, and we never determined what was causing the problem.
I'd suggest returning to stock (unrooted) and see what happens after all of the factory reset/clear Dalvik cache stuff. Then start narrowing the circumstances down.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you been putting apks on?
Cause that could be a possibility.

GS3 Cyanogenmod 10

You... Know.. Idk.. Can't remember if installed anything myself
Just some fonts.. But once JB releases on Vzw I'll return to stock and use my warranty to get a new handset... Seeing that there is no real fix from what I've found... It looks to be a defective unit

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I read it may be an issue with non oem batteries... Which I do use.. Wow!.... Never had this issue from a non factory battery

Sent from my GS3....

jeri0213

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
You know I came on here looking for answers to why my phone was doing this also! Mine has been doing it now for about 2 weeks when the battery gets really low and I have the factory battery and just recently factory reset my phone for the issue and today upgraded to the jellybean os. I have found that if I turn off the power saving mode it seems to stop.

Cheezomlet

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issue. Seems to be the non OEM batteries, even though the ones I bought say Samsung. if I am at 60% or lower SOMETIMES when I take a photo my phone will lock up (black screen) and I have to pull the battery. but mostly at 30% or below.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch