MMS. Just got the new s3 galaxy and having trouble opening a mms sent from an iPhone.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You MUST have your mobile data connection enabled - it won't work over WiFi (or just a regular cellular signal).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You MUST have your mobile data connection enabled - it won't work over WiFi (or just a regular cellular signal).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I have discovered this seems to depend on carrier for some odd reason. Try this OP and see if it works.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If your last phone was an iphone then thats the problem and the carrier should be able to repovision your sim :thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You folks want to know what I HATE the most especially coming from an iphone.....when I have to turn on my damn mobile data just to find out that its a simple TEXT message and not a pic!! Look, I'll gladly turn on my data for a message if I have to BUT for text?!?!? My sister has an iphone and she texts me a lot and most times, I have to turn on my data just to open up her text messages. Its random but often.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For standard SMS you don't need mobile data or WiFi enabled - all you need is a cellular signal.
Are you sure that the messages you're getting fall within the 160 character limit? As long as it meets the SMS guidelines it should just work. (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Message_Service#section_2)
Once it passes 160 characters it may be treated as an MMS, depending on how the carriers handle it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95