default lock screen weather not updating

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
how can i change the update interval for the default lock screen weather display? mine updates very rarely (if at all) and is always different than my home screen weather widget. does it matter than I keep GPS and verizon location services turned off and only keep the google locations services turned on?

thanks.

topgear66

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried changing the weather widget refresh interval from never to 1, 3, or 6 hours? Click on the lock screen weather widget and go menu>settings>refresh interval. Hope this helps.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
how can i change the update interval for the default lock screen weather display? mine updates very rarely (if at all) and is always different than my home screen weather widget. does it matter than I keep GPS and verizon location services turned off and only keep the google locations services turned on?

thanks.
Turn on GPS.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

anon(384066)

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll find this is a bug in Verizon's software. I've been searching for the solution as well, and nobody has an answer, short of replacing the default lock screen with a third-party replacement. GPS and refresh settings have nothing to do with this issue, as my refresh is 60 minutes, and all location services are enabled. A factory reset fixed it briefly (for about 3 days) before it broke again with the next OTA update.

EDIT: I dug into my system settings a bit, and found a possible fix. Scroll to the bottom of the "Manage Apps" screen and look for disabled programs. For some unknown reason, several of my Verizon and stock apps were disabled, including the weather and news services. Turning those back on did the trick. Curiously, "Email" is still disabled, and I can't turn it back on. it also claims to be 0 bytes, which seems unlikely for a program built-in to the ROM ...

Last edited: