Rooted Sprint S3 crashes on updates

ian143

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting notifications that there is a system update available for my Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. I have rooted this phone with no issues until now. Now when I tell the system to update it restarts, the download screen droid appears and starts to download and then it crashes and I have to pull the battery out and do a hard restart to get back to normal. Now I keep getting the notification that an update is available that interrupts any program I'm running but I know it will only make it crash after repeated attempts. Any know how to cure this?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting notifications that there is a system update available for my Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. I have rooted this phone with no issues until now. Now when I tell the system to update it restarts, the download screen droid appears and starts to download and then it crashes and I have to pull the battery out and do a hard restart to get back to normal. Now I keep getting the notification that an update is available that interrupts any program I'm running but I know it will only make it crash after repeated attempts. Any know how to cure this?

I believe u need to unroot. Go back to stock. Update, and reroot. Back everything up of course. U can't get OTA updates if your not on their system. I could be wrong as I REFUSE to take the chance of effing up my phone by rooting or flashing roms. I just can't bring myself to do it.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you're trying to 'cure'. If you want the update that's available then you could follow the steps that the previous poster listed; an alternate to that would be to simply load an already-updated already-rooted ROM: you can usually find a link to that in your carrier-specific forum.

If you just want to stop the annoying 'update available' message then you can use something like Titanium Backup to freeze the update service 'SDM 1.0'

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames