A few questions (new owner)

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
So I'm a new SIII owner, on Sprint, and have a few questions. The phone came with Jellybean installed, btw.

1. Is there any way to prevent the home key from turning the phone on. I carry the phone in my pocket, and it's always getting turned on. This is a really, really stupid design oversight if it can't be turned off.

2. Are there any apps that provide more control over the vibration for various alerts. The vibration for the email app, for example, is fine when the phone is in my pocket. But if I have it sitting on my desk at work, and the alert goes off, it's really obnoxious. I can control the power of the vibration but not, it seems, the length or pattern.

3. What are the codes for inserting a pause or wait in a phone number in the dialer? On HTC phones a P causes a brief pause, a W will prompt and wait for the user to tap a prompt before continuing. Can I do the same thing in the Samsung dialer?

4. Any recommendations for more ringtones and notification tones? The "nature" tones available on the phone are both very limited, and not (IMHO) very useful.

Many thanks.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So I'm a new SIII owner, on Sprint, and have a few questions. The phone came with Jellybean installed, btw.

1. Is there any way to prevent the home key from turning the phone on. I carry the phone in my pocket, and it's always getting turned on. This is a really, really stupid design oversight if it can't be turned off.

2. Are there any apps that provide more control over the vibration for various alerts. The vibration for the email app, for example, is fine when the phone is in my pocket. But if I have it sitting on my desk at work, and the alert goes off, it's really obnoxious. I can control the power of the vibration but not, it seems, the length or pattern.

3. What are the codes for inserting a pause or wait in a phone number in the dialer? On HTC phones a P causes a brief pause, a W will prompt and wait for the user to tap a prompt before continuing. Can I do the same thing in the Samsung dialer?

4. Any recommendations for more ringtones and notification tones? The "nature" tones available on the phone are both very limited, and not (IMHO) very useful.

Many thanks.
Cannot help you with 1 since I do not put my phone in my pockets, but 2, 3 and 4:
2. Menu>System settings>Sound>Vibration Intensity
3. Open contact up and Edit, select the phone # and on far right there is a "Pause" and a "Wait" button that can be applied.
4. I have some BB ringtones in my SIG that you are welcome to, and I believe "Zedge" will have a good assortment as well.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Ricky.

2. I found that, but I was hoping I could find a way to change the duration of the vibration, and maybe the pattern (e.g., three short cycles, rather than one very long one).
3. Not sure how I missed the pause and wait buttons. Guess I need new glasses. :)
4. Thanks, I'll check out your ringtones, and search for Zedge.

BTW, I like your avatar and sig photos. Here's one you might like:

_MG_8750.jpg

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Man i was gona answer rickys.. Light Flow app will let u change the vibration per app :)

Oh aye, pocket thing.... get a flip case :) or use Widget locker which can disable the home button :)

And, use My Files app (came with the phone) to copy any mp3 into the Ringtone file :)
Use Ringdroid app to cut the tune start where u want it :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks funky. I'll definitely check out Light Flow and Widget Locker.

If Light Flow makes your phone talk.. ul see.. it doesnt like stock launcher (desktop) but u gota change that rubbish anyway :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa