Tough decision to make tomorrow

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have my choice of a 16GB Nexus 4 (LG) or the Samsung S3. Looking for reasons why the Nexus 4 would be the better choice. I'm on AT&T and they don't have LTE around here yet so that really isn't a factor in the decision. Thanks !

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd go with the Nexus if you plan on staying in stock, love soft keys and getting updates as soon as they are pushed out

Sent from my SPH - L710 running Pac Man Rom 4.1.2 , because just Paranoid Android wasn't enough :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nexus doesnt have a MicroSD Card, so your stuck with 16GB, which is a fallback to me because Apps + music will fill up the phone quick...no removeable battery either
Nexus does however get all the latest updates first, which is the only benefit to me

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have my choice of a 16GB Nexus 4 (LG) or the Samsung S3. Looking for reasons why the Nexus 4 would be the better choice. I'm on AT&T and they don't have LTE around here yet so that really isn't a factor in the decision. Thanks !

I have a galaxy s3 coming from an iphone I don't think I'd willing go back to a phone with limited capacity... That's kind of a deal breaker for me with the nexus 4

Sent from Big Red

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the S3 n love it. BUT, I wish I had waited, see signature. Go for the note 2 if u can. If not, the 32 gb S3 is the way to go.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
GS3. I came from the BB 9810.

It is a matter of personal preference. Pure android versus android with the TouchWiz overlay. Being new to Android, the GS3 is the perfect introduction. It has micro sd card expansion and removable battery.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, having a 64gig SDcard in my 16gig SGS3 makes the phone a real plus.
Updates coming first don't mean that much to me.

i_robot

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy s3 coming from an iphone I don't think I'd willing go back to a phone with limited capacity... That's kind of a deal breaker for me with the nexus 4

Sent from Big Red

Same here. Coming from having an iPhone. There's no way for me that I would go back to a phone that has a non removable battery and fixed amount of memory.

from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My vote also for the Note 2 or the GS3,,,, removable battery and SD card are big reasons.

I just returned my Nexus 10 tab because of lock-up freezing issues,,, Im wondering if the Nexus 4 is having the same issues.

For the record I went from ALL the iphones(including the 5) to the GS3 to my current love,, the Note 2.

Cheers
Davyo

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only reason to buy a Nexus 4 is if you want the absolute latest version of Android on your phone at all times. Also if you are buying the phone outright... it's cheaper.

But otherwise the Galaxy S3 is a better phone.

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for responses. The phone is a gift so no cash outlay. 16GB is plenty for me as I don't use my phone for media. I've always had an iPhone (iPhone 5 currently) so i'm used to non expandable storage and non removal battery. The only thing that gives me pause about the S3 is the AMOLED display. Most that I've seen produce garish colors IMO.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
As far as LTE goes, I'm not sure where you live, but it's constantly expanding so you could get it eventually anyways. Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

macguy59

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
As far as LTE goes, I'm not sure where you live, but it's constantly expanding so you could get it eventually anyways. Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

This will be my change up phone and as such if/when AT&T LTE arrives here I'll still have my iPhone 5/5s. Played with both phones today at Best Buy. Both are very nice but I think I prefer the screen on the Nexus 4 so I've decided on it. Thanks for the input though.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I would say that between the S3 and the Nexus 4, the biggest things to consider are:

1. The screen
2. Whether a removable battery and expandable storage are important (they absolutely were for me)
3. Getting pushed updates immediately

Know that's relative rehash, but if you don't care about the removable battery and expandable storage, I'd say the Nexus wins unless pricing is a factor.

$299 is a steep price unless you plan on buying the s3 off contract.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

rico college

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
1. The nexus 4 is a unicorn, but you can buy a GS3.
2. If you want LTE goto another carrier, sprint LTE is vaporware.
3. Getting updates fast from now on is a non issue because there is almost nothing else they going to add to android that the mod community isn't already doing.
4. 5 inch superphones are almost here, next year. 1080p baby!

I would go with the note 2 or the G3

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
S3 has more features within its interface Than the nexus 4, they are virtually the same screen ppi, the nexus 4 screen is smaller but it's even smaller because of the onscreen buttons, pretty much same camera, similar internals. No removable battery in n4, no micro sD slot. The only thing I find that is good about the n4 is that it's vanilla android from Google, you will always get the updates first before anyone else.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
For me itd have to be s3 purely for the sd card for media.
My s3 was full in the 1st month.
Now ive got an sd card, the phone is only like 1/4 full and will last forever :)
Would love the N4 though and itl probably have a longer life than the s3 :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget Samsung have made a 3000mah battery for the s3 and it will be released next month and you van buy it for around 25-35 euros. This will make battery life so so much better.

Source: Sammobile

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums