GS3 Keyboard Keeps Resetting to Stock Upon Boot

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if someone has already posted on this. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

So I just got my GS3 on AT&T and I'm in love with Android again. Jellybean is ridiculously better than my old Gingerbread Atrix; it's even better than ICS on my Transformer. If I have any complaints about this phone is that Samsung has done some quirky stuff with their Touchwiz version of Jelly.

For instance: I am a longtime user of Swiftkey, and after using the stock GS3 keyboard for all of 2 minutes, I ditched it for old faithful. After a full battery drain and recharge, my phone reverted back to the stock keyboard. I thought it was a quirky happenstance, but I rebooted after resetting the keyboard, and sure enough, it reverted to the stock keyboard again. It seems that every time I restart or boot my device the keyboard resets. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to make it stop? Thanks ahead of time for any help.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Exact same bro but with a different keyboard.
Only cure is to root n freeze stock keyboard :banghead:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That shouldn't be necessary. Most of us aren't having this issue. What other mods have you made to your phone, what other apps do you have installed? Any error messages? Did you go through the entire Swiftkey setup?

Under language and input, is the default keyboard showing as Swiftkey?

Finally, there's an option to contact swiftky support from within the SwiftKey settings in Language and Input.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue with ICS 4.1.1 and 4.1.2., although Google has not addressed it as of yet. I've read numerous threads on here, xda, and the SwiftKey VIP forums. SwiftKey assures us this is not a SwiftKey problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
No mods of any kind. other than the keyboard and nova launcher this phone is pretty vanilla. Yes, it says it is the default keyboard and, yes, I completed the set up. It's the damnedest thing.

UPDATE: I just installed the swift key flow BETA and it didn't return to stock after booting up. I'm gonna watch it and see if it sticks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So after rebooting my phone a couple times for different reasons, I've noticed that my custom keyboard option is sticking since sideloading the Swift Key Flow beta from swiftkey.net. I don't know why, but it's finally doing what I want it to.

Also, as a mini review Swift Key Flow: it's stable as hell in spite of the beta tag. As good as Swift Key 3 with the added bonus of swype key functionality.