got some questions.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well once i will be gettin some money in and saved up i will be making the switch to the S3 from the 4S. well here are the questions i got for yall.

1. i will be using a family member's upgrade which has a iphone so going to the 4S, from 3GS isn't going to be tough for my grandma (made a deal I have to pay for the phone to get it) so swapping sims is no big deal but from reading here it will work i just won't have LTE, which doesnt bother me that much. the iphone i have now sees 4g and E. and that is fast enough for me

2. i got a iPhone dock radio do they have one for the S3 if not the one i have as aux in on it so no big deal for me.

3. i got a usb/Bluetooth radio in my truck its a Sony xplod older model its works great with the 4S. got back when i had the 3GS.

4. just asking how much would it cost to get a new sim card

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
well once i will be gettin some money in and saved up i will be making the switch to the S3 from the 4S. well here are the questions i got for yall.

1. i will be using a family member's upgrade which has a iphone so going to the 4S, from 3GS isn't going to be tough for my grandma (made a deal I have to pay for the phone to get it) so swapping sims is no big deal but from reading here it will work i just won't have LTE, which doesnt bother me that much. the iphone i have now sees 4g and E. and that is fast enough for me

2. i got a iPhone dock radio do they have one for the S3 if not the one i have as aux in on it so no big deal for me.

3. i got a usb/Bluetooth radio in my truck its a Sony xplod older model its works great with the 4S. got back when i had the 3GS.

4. just asking how much would it cost to get a new sim card

For #3. My S3 works well via USB with the Sony stereo in my truck. Don't have Bluetooth so no experience there.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not aware of any dock radios for any Android phones. A search of Amazon or Google should answer the questions for sure, though.

My S3 BT works perfectly with the BT in both of my cars.

I'm on Sprint, so have no idea about sim cards.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank yall for the info i am hoping to get one with out much trouble

- - - Updated - - -

Thank yall for the info i am hoping to get one with out much trouble

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of dock radios anyways (which are out of date as soon as a new phone with a different shape hits the market). I just opted for a bluetooth stereo, which will work for years regardless of phone.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank ya for the advice.

Also i found a S3 at&t white at the local wal mart for $100 didnt say of it was new or refurbished

Kinda strange if you ask me.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
should i buy it. the description matched the S3, i didnt ask them maybe this weekend i might have enough for it. so if it is a $100 that is a good thing so it would be cheaper.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
is there any way to download apps from google play with out the phone? i have about 25 apps bookmarked right now everything from games through tools. i have a feeling that if i try to download 5 at a time its is going to take forever so i plan on do some now, then the next day and so on. then when i get the phone i can load then up and start using it

since i am coming from apple to android would a virus protection be worth it?

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the link. it might come in handy when i get more messaging apps

right now the badge icons on my 4S are only for calls messaging, facebook, and email. other then that i keep them turned off including the led alert.

also can i use a yahoo account with out downloading any apps

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
well guys/girls. been talking to att via live chat and found out that i can keep the new sim card, etc

i plan on getting otter box defender, how good is it in the sun light? and drops works great with my iphone i have now but didnt now about how it works with the new phone would it help the sd card issue that i have been reading on?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
is it worth getting this https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...esecurity&feature=related_apps&token=lBWz8Lf3.. the only downside i see to this is batt usage and it moniters every message. remember iphone diesent get virus easy i can visit any website with the phone that would harm my pc. is this a major problem?

Nvr had any problems at all visiting sites and getting viruses. If u do ever find one....it will mostlikely be from a unknown source for downloading apps ect.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
is it worth getting this https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...esecurity&feature=related_apps&token=w51VK4XA.. the only downside i see to this is batt usage and it moniters every message. remember iphone diesent get virus easy i can visit any website with the phone that would harm my pc. is this a major problem?

It's never a BAD idea to have virus protection. Viruses can be delivered a number of ways, and with all the hacking going on of companies lately, it's not unreasonable to think viruses can be proliferated from normally innocuous sites. There have even been instances of viruses getting into the official Play Store and Apple AppStore.

So if want to put some virus checker on your phone, go ahead. It's not going to hurt your phone in any way. I have been using Lookout for a long time. There's no noticeable extra battery drain and it scans apps as they're installed. It also scans the whole phone once a week.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What concerns me is that it can look at my messages, phone calls, etc. so that is a concern to me.

But, i guess you take good with the bad.

Sadly it will be another 2 weeks before i can achieve greatness.

What i cant figure out is rooting (is it kinda like a jail break where my warranty flys out the window, is it safe to root? if i do i am not changing the rom or any features, etc i just noticed that there are apps for those that have rooted phones.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What concerns me is that it can look at my messages, phone calls, etc. so that is a concern to me.

Lots of Apps do that like any 3rd party SMS App for example so I don't think you should be concerned about that.
If it was from a sketchy Dev, sure, but they're a known/proven Dev.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the advice. how would i know if its from a trusted source? i know there is a a option to turn on a filter but would it be worth it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch