Can't view or play certain music folders in common app players (Music Player jetAudio Google Play)

Marcus Lane

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a 16gb sd card installed. I use the card to load my music and video files and it works great. I have 114 album folders on the card. I use Music Player and jetAudio Basic to play my music and they both work great.

The problem is that 12 of the album folders won't show up in these apps. They won't show in Google Play either. When I use My Files or any other file manager I can navigate to the file and play it in Sound Player but there are no options and I cant multitask like in other players or Sound Player closes. When I connect my Phone to my laptop vie USB, I can navigate to, view and play the file vie VLC on my laptop.

I have tried rebuilding the media library in jetAudio and still see or can't use the same files. I'm thinking this must be something to do with the folders or the file type. I checked most of the files and they are all MP3s.

If anyone has any ideas or has had this issue, I would greatly appreciate any knowledge or guess you can offer. Thanx for your time.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Any chance that the 12 folders are the only ones containing DRM content?
Have you tried renaming those folders (perhaps there's a character in the name, or something about the length of the name, that those apps don't like)?
There's not a .nomedia file in those directories by any chance?
When all else fails, try deleting those folders and then add them back.
Or re-ripping that content.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re:

another thing to look for is a .nomedia file. Use MyFiles or your file manager of choice, and navigate into one of these folders. If you see a file named .nomedia, delete it and try the music players again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95