My Galaxy S3 won't let me enter text?

shayscoobydoo

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently just had this problem where I wasn't able to type my passwords. Each character just kept disappearing as I typed the next. And I tried every solution given and nothing worked, so I figured maybe it was because I had a different font set than the original so I reset my font to original font in Settings then Display. It worked right after I reset it, hope this helps anyone with same problem occurring!

funnd

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Tab 3 SM-210TR does not show keyboard

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you in advance. Here's what is happening

The tablet was reset and when I go to set it up fresh it asks me for the WiFi access password. When I tap into the password field my keyboard does not show up. I do see a mic symbol at the bottom of the screen and it does not do anything and does not recognize password. So the device has no internet connectivity.

I went to Settings > Applications Manager > ALL and I don't see any Keyboard application. Checked for Samsung Keyboard as well. The About option says it has 4.1.2 Android Version.

What do I do? How do I get the keyboard? Is the operating system corrupt? How do I re-install without wifi? Can I connect to laptop and install the keyboard or re-install the whole operating systems?

Thank you very much.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Galaxy Tab 3 SM-210TR does not show keyboard

Welcome to the forums!
The tablet
What tablet are you referring to? What brand/model number?
I went to Settings > Applications Manager > ALL and I don't see any Keyboard application.
What happens when you go to Settings -> Language and input?
3y6e7e3e.jpg
What is selected for the Default? If there are no keyboards shown in the list then you have a big problem and need to reload the firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

rameezy92

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am having the exact same problem. Recently bought a tablet but in trying to set it up the keyboard just does not appear and so I cannot connect to the WiFi or do much. There is no Samsung keyboard present in the application manager and in the keyboards and input methods, it just says default and does not let me select anything else. Oh and its a galaxy note tablet btw!
Any help much appreciated! Thanks

Nedelina Tzankova

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am having problem number 2. the keyboard is being shown but I can't type. I have a Samsung galaxy ace 3. The problem started a couple of days ago and it's not all the time. Also sometimes it doesn't let me make calls or delays really a lot and then starts calling. There were no cashes to clear in the bellow mentioned settings. What shall I do?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
How i can return to my original android version 4 2 1 now a have android 4.3
You may not be able to - it depends on whether your bootloader is locked with the Knox component. You'd have to look at your Download mode screen to see if it shows the Warranty Bit flag.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Michelle Manipol

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
same problem with my samsung s3 i8190.. my keypad was working in all application.. but when im trying to linked my instagram account to my facebook account it says that "Log in to use your facebook account with samsung galaxy" but when i try to type my email and password the keypad didnt show.. please help any advice..

Lisa Sturgeon Baker

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
When i get to the screen in settings >app manager> keyboard, i see samsung keyboard, Samsung keypad and under processes it says samsung keyboard again. There is also a settings tab. How do i cache it out from here?

dlite47

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
When I attempt to text or email, or do anything really, my keyboard will not show up. I can do everything else on my phone, but I keyboard just won't pop up.. Any ideas?

Thanks

agentorange1990

May 31, 2018
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Express 3 and my keyboard stopped working

I just had the same problem with the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express 3/Go phone. The phone was driving my completely nuts. I also had a problem where I could not use the photo viewer - it gave me an error "not enough space". I did a factory restore and that worked. Basically shut down the phone and start up holding power, home, and volume up. Android gives you a cool safe boot menu and one option is to restore to factory default. I think the problem is AT&T bundles the go phone with a bunch of proprietary apps and if you install a bunch of other apps it will cause major problems. I'm going to keep this Android pretty vanilla and just use basic apps like Google. The previous full size AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express worked awesome but for some reason AT&T is pushing the Galaxy Express 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty