Contacts app bug

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else see this? I've assigned a bunch of specific ringtones to individual contacts, but if I reboot the phone they all get reset to default. This is a real pain in the a$$, because I need to reset them all, one at a time, whenever I reboot. I thought that taking a Titanium backup of the contacts storage before a reboot, and then restoring, would deal with it, but that appears not to work. After the restore I still have all the ringtones at default.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just tried this. Set a specific ringtone for a contact by selecting from the default Media Storage feature when prompted by the "Complete Action using" function. I have ES File Explorer installed, so thus the prompt for which app to browse and manage the ringtones.

Rebooted phone from the default Reboot option after pressing the power key. Upon reboot, the contact still had the new ringtone I had selected and saved before the reboot. I really am not taking full advantage of this phone or features like ringtones per user, so it could be that after a certain threshold is reached or just the combination of setting a bunch of ringtones - an issue is triggered.

Now, I'm really reaching here, but I remembered something about needing the default My Files feature when flashing a CleanROM recently. During the Aroma installer phase, there's mention of needing the default My Files to work with ringtones. Is it possible that 3rd party file managers are not the best for working with ringtones? I ask since I don't know as I don't play with ringtones that often, and use the default tools/system features when I do.

Hope you get it figured out. Can see how that is irritating and a time sink.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm running the stock ROM, so I don't think it's an issue with My Files. And it doesn't seem to reset the ringtone on every contact, just most of them. Thanks though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non