[HELP] Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S3 in water.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: [HELP}Dropped my Samsung Galaxy S3 in water.

For the rice method, 5 mins really does do nothing. I had thought that if you use a wet electronic device before completely drying it, it can't be recovered. But I'm surprised so many people were able to recover it after already using it. Definitely should try putting it in rice again for a few days.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Luckinder Lowes

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Exact same issue.....
1. drop in water wiped screen and started playing...
2. Won't turn on or charge....put in rice for 20hrs.
3. Put is back together....was working and charging.
4. Now completely discharged and won't charge.
5. If I try to hold my s3 batter to it...it gives "factory mode"...

I'm planning rice trick....should I put in sunlight??

Quanda Marie

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: [HELLO Can the Samsung Galaxy S3 be dropped in water like the S4 and still work ?

Also are the Galaxy S4's available for Boost Customers and if so at what cost?
I'm in the market for a new phone but I cannot afford the S4 @ this moment, so I'm looking to get the S3 which is availed for Boost Mobile customers. Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: [HELLO Can the Samsung Galaxy S3 be dropped in water like the S4 and still work ?

Also are the Galaxy S4's available for Boost Customers and if so at what cost?
I'm in the market for a new phone but I cannot afford the S4 @ this moment, so I'm looking to get the S3 which is availed for Boost Mobile customers. Thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

Quanda, I find your post more than a little baffling. First, you post a question about the S4 in an S3 forum. Second, you post a question about purchasing a phone in a totally unrelated thread about water damage. Third, you say you can't afford an S4, so why are you asking how much it costs?

Don't you think it would make more sense to post this in the Galaxy S4 forum, instead of the S3 forum? And wouldn't it make sense to start a new thread with an appropriate subject line instead of posting in a thread about water damage?

Finally, the easiest way to answer your question would probably be to go the boost mobile site: Prepaid Unlimited Cell Phones - No Contract Phones | Boost Mobile

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

it didn't help at all. now my phones gone.
What "it" didn't help? You didn't even list what was wrong with your phone to begin with.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

saramcgarity

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone,
My phone was dropped in water tonight while still on. It was still on after the dunking. My husband removed the battery, the sticker indicator on the battery was pink...I hope this does not mean a new phone for me right out the door. I put it in rice. We only waited a half hour before trying to turn it on. Miraculously the phone turned on. But, the screen would not work, as in when I wanted to access something, the battery warning was up and could not be closed out of. Do I need to give up? My phone is back in rice and I am waiting until tomorrow until I try again...

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone,
My phone was dropped in water tonight while still on. It was still on after the dunking. My husband removed the battery, the sticker indicator on the battery was pink...I hope this does not mean a new phone for me right out the door. I put it in rice. We only waited a half hour before trying to turn it on. Miraculously the phone turned on. But, the screen would not work, as in when I wanted to access something, the battery warning was up and could not be closed out of. Do I need to give up? My phone is back in rice and I am waiting until tomorrow until I try again...

The water damage indicators are there just so manufacturers can get off the hook on warranties. They change colours when they come in contact with liquid, they don't actually indicate the severity of damage.

As for the screen not working, you really can't tell if it's done. Just gotta leave it in for a few days and play the waiting game.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

you must leave it off and in rice for 48 hours. Since you already turned it on once you could of ruined it. What made you think rice would magically get out all of the water in 30 minutes. Lol

Cathleen Mengel

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

I dropped my phone in the toilet last night...YUCK. It's battery was dying at the time of the incident and completely died right after. Unfortunately, the rice trick eluded me and I raced for my charger. It turned on and stayed on, thankfully, but I noticed this morning there were little water droplets in the camera lens and when I took a picture it was foggy. I just tried to take a picture 5 minutes ago and it looks perfect! The only issue I am having is with the microphone. It cuts in and out and is crackly. Could the rice still work for me or is it back to my iphone 4? wwwhhomp, whomp.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There's probably still moisture in the phone so putting it in rice may help. Be sure it's fully immersed and leave it in for at least a day. If you have a sunny spot to put the bag that would be good too.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

PostivePoppy

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
The rice 100 percent works!!!! I washed my husband in the washing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! left in rice for 24 hours and it only switched on, ignore all these negative people where there is a will theres a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
The rice 100 percent works!!!! I washed my husband in the washing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! left in rice for 24 hours and it only switched on, ignore all these negative people where there is a will theres a way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Evidently rice resurrects people.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes rice does work if you leave it in long enough. Some people think after a few hours it will be magically fine. It needs to be in for 24-48 hours

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez