Wi-Fi issue with S3? Or is it App Specific?

mandikaye

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new S3 yesterday and all seems to work perfectly - except for one specific app. The BN Nook app. When I open it up to run it I get the Error "Please make sure you have an internet connection and try again."

The problem is, I *do* have an active Wi-Fi connection that works. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it using the Wi-Fi. Then I tried turning the Wi-Fi off just to see if I could use the app over the network and I still got the same error. Everything else seems to work fine - I can stream music from Spotify with no trouble. So why can't this app figure out where to get the data from?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Some apps do stupid things, I get similar errors in certain apps like spark 360 and sometimes I get that error in amazon for tablets

My name is Soundtrack to Chaos, and I have a fetish for external chargers, big batteries, power outlets and extension cords and surge protectors... I need help

meelie1997

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samaung galaxy ace and it has a wifi problem i hve wifi in the room and my friend puts his phone up nezt to mine an his says excillent and my phone says poor dose that mean my phone is broken

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
mandikaye,
Do you have the current version of the Nook app installed (3.3.1.14)?
Can you even get in to the app to check the settings and configure your account?
You could try clearing the cache and data for the app (from any Home screen, press the Menu button, choose Settings, Application manager, scroll through the list until you find the Nook app, select it, then clear cache and also clear data).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a Samaung galaxy ace and it has a wifi problem i hve wifi in the room and my friend puts his phone up nezt to mine an his says excillent and my phone says poor dose that mean my phone is broken
You should probably start a new thread rather than posting an unrelated question in an existing one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer