Why is phone number showing up on phone with no carrier?

woodland7

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone can help me. I bought a used galaxy s3 for my son. The screen says choose a language. Then is says here is your phone number????
Why does it have a phone number? I haven't put it on my Verizon account yet. The phone number it shows has a completely different area code than I do. When I add this phone to my Verizon account will Verizon give me a new number? With the right area code?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like they didn't deactivate the phone when they sold it. Who knows, maybe the SIM card is still in there.
Anyway, you need to get Verizon to add it to your account, and provide a new SIM. Then go through the setup.
Edit: and yes, Verizon will give you a new number.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

woodland7

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much! When I got the phone I opened it up and found there was two places for sim cards, but there was only one in it. I knew the one was where you put a card if you wanted more memory. I thought the other one ran the phone or something.
My son was disappointed when I couldn't figure it out. You know Moms are suppose to know everything. You just made his day! And made me look smart, but I won't take all the credit :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87