Keyboard issue? the period button (.) doesn't work at all?

nova808

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and noticed when I am texting, if I try to press the period (.), it keeps reading that I am hitting the space button. I'm pretty sure I'm pressing the period button, but still I get multiple spaces instead. I've only had this phone for about 8 months and don't know what caused this to happen now suddenly.

I'm aware that lots of people have fixed this issue by clearing out the keyboard cache via the Applications manager. But it won't allow me to clear the keyboard cache and the button is blanked out. It just says 'Computing' like it's trying to load information, but nothing is really happening. It does this with all the apps and won't let me clear those caches either.

Screenshot_2013-09-03-15-31-22.png

Also, when I uninstall apps, nothing happens and the apps remain on my cell. Can anyone recommend any solutions? Please :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and noticed when I am texting, if I try to press the period (.), it keeps reading that I am hitting the space button. I'm pretty sure I'm pressing the period button, but still I get multiple spaces instead. I've only had this phone for about 8 months and don't know what caused this to happen now suddenly.

I'm aware that lots of people have fixed this issue by clearing out the keyboard cache via the Applications manager. But it won't allow me to clear the keyboard cache and the button is blanked out. It just says 'Computing' like it's trying to load information, but nothing is really happening. It does this with all the apps and won't let me clear those caches either.

Also, when I uninstall apps, nothing happens and the apps remain on my cell. Can anyone recommend any solutions? Please :)

Welcome to the forums!
You can try rebooting into recovery, and clearing cache that way. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Otherwise you can download a different keyboard. I like the Google version. Fairly similar to Samsung, but smoother.

nova808

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi :)

Thanks so much for the welcome and the response. Much appreciated.

I've just tried clearing the cache in recovery mode, but it didn't fix the keyboard issue.

I'm running Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Is the Google keyboard available to download to my device? Is it free?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi :)

Thanks so much for the welcome and the response. Much appreciated.

I've just tried clearing the cache in recovery mode, but it didn't fix the keyboard issue.

I'm running Android 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Is the Google keyboard available to download to my device? Is it free?

Yes

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10