Samsung Galaxy S3 - My Download Notifications won't Clear

Hektor Enriquez

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. this is what I did and it stop for good. first go to. Apps then find downloads is an icon with an arrow facing down then is going to show you internet downloads and other downloads. select the downloads on your right hand side and on the bottom you will have the clear icon. therefore select and clear and problem solve. remember to select and clear from both of the downloads. hope it will help.

David Close

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried the fix suggested below which did not work for the 4.3 upgrade. However, holding down one of your notifications will bring up the app info. Press "clear cache" and that does the trick.

Mis Goodare

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi GSDer.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me - I'm running 4.3 on my 16gb S3.
No matter which route I've tried to clear cache, data, etc., my download notifications reappear and refresh every minute, which drains my battery and slows startup.
Any ideas please?
:-\

Stephanie Madison

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I finally just figured out how to make it all go away. Go into settings; under the more tab there is application manager-open that; swipe over 3 times to all; go to download manager and turn off notifications. This will stop all notifications but to me it was worth it to keep it from recovering everything that I have cleared. Hope this helps you!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This also made absolutely no difference?
The instructions in post #20 should work if your problem is associated with the update to 4.3; the instructions in post #2 should work otherwise.

BTW, I had no luck with the link you posted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
go to download manager and turn off notifications. This will stop all notifications
This really isn't a desirable solution; the steps in post #20 or post #2 should work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Chris McCann1

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
On a Galaxy S3 for AT&T(other carriers settings may vary) Settings --> More --> Application Manager --> [swipe over to] ALL --> Download Manager --> [touch] clear cache, clear data, Force stop. Hope this helps

Brian Kent Gourley

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I had same problem and called Tech Support and they helped me solve problem. Hardest step is sliding the top menu bar over to find the "ALL" tab. See exact steps below.

You have to go to Settings / More / Application Manager / At Top Slide Menu Bar over to find "ALL" / Scroll down to "Download Manager" / Push "Clear Cache" Button / Push "Clear Data" Button / EXIT to Main Menu / Turn Off Phone to CLEAR Everything / Turn Phone back ON and they should be cleared.

Brian Kent Gourley

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I had same problem but called tech support and got the following solution which worked.

Settings / "More" Tab / Application Manager / At top of screen slide menu bar over until you find "ALL" tab / Scroll down to "Download Manager" / Push "Clear Cache" / Push "Clear Data" Exit to Main Menu and Power Down Phone / Turn Phone back ON and they should be GONE.