Does the new Android 4.3 for galaxy S3 have problems??

Pratik7

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to know those who have updated their phones to the new Android 4.3 after the bug fix, if their any more issues with the update???

Posted via Android Central App

megagene

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Indeed. Assuming you are referring to the bug fix from the beginning of December and not some more recent one that I am not aware of. In terms of issues:

-my battery life is only about 65% of what it was prior to 4.3
-there is often a significant delay for the phone to wake up when I press the home button
-touch screen is not as responsive as it was before. Sometimes touches don't register at all, and I often have to redraw my pattern unlock
-much more random freezes than before
-stock SMS app is extremely glitchy now. It often freezes up and the keyboard jumps around/changes sizes while texting
-phone is just slower/laggier/more sluggish in general.

These are the issues that are affecting my phone. My friend has a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and his issues are worse. We are both with Rogers.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
after the bug fix, if their any more issues with the update?
I guess it depends on your model/firmware/carrier - you should read the carrier-specific forum for your phone.

If you haven't already updated to 4.3 then your best bet might be to root and install a build from XDA that doesn't include the Knox component. That way if you don't like 4.3 you can go back to whatever you prefer (4.1.2; CM, etc).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

cahls

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
My battery last longer with 4.3 and phone is faster... but I always disable bloatware and most Samsung push services...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
4.3 update is pretty good for me. Battery lasts longer, phone is overall snappier. The gallery app takes a lot longer to open up though, and that's the only app that takes a while. Everything else is better than what what it was prior to 4.3. I'm with rogers

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I also like the upgrade. No real issues for me. I am not a big fan of the new numeric lock screen, but that's nothing. No noticeable battery difference I can see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989