Remove Unwanted Outlook Contacts

DJMNTCA

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy S 3 on Verizon, android version 4.3 I am on MSFT cloud service for company email (Outlook 365), and use the phone for personal and company email.

A month ago, a huge outlook contact file was loaded as a sub folder to my contacts list at work, all of them are now showing up on my phone.
I do not want all 3,000 of these contacts on my phone. It is driving me crazy. It has made name dialing nearly impossible.

I took the newly added contacts out of Outlook and removed it from my Outlook subfolders too. That did not help.

I would like to force a sync so that the phone updates and just leaves me with my old phone contacts list (the list made in the phone), and I can go back to my manageable contact list.

How can I force a sync and get rid of all these unwanted contacts? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It'd be easier to just turn them off. Open Contacts, then Menu button, Contacts To Display, Customized List, and just shut off those Outlook contacts. That way, if work pushes the list again, your phone still won't display them.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why aren't you asking the IT folks at work for their help in solving this problem?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

DJMNTCA

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
While our IT team is very good, they are as clueless as I am on how to fix this. While they are researching, I thought I would post this. I can't believe there is not an actual solution to this vs a work around. thanks again for any advice!

DJMNTCA

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that suggestion but that does not work, the phone knows that all of them are still there, that fix does segregate the "contacts" app, but when I dial a phone number they are all still there when I dial by name. They all still show up. and the slowness is killing me. thanks