Can I install a custome OS for TMobile on a Verizon phone?

bcook0407

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon on T-Mobile

Ok, so I went on eBay and purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S3. The add said it was unlocked so I figured it could be used on any network. I have used T-Mobile for years and I am satisfied with their service. I received the phone and it turned out to be a Verizon SCH-I535. I got a new SIM card from T-Mobile and was able to get the phone up and running. However, I didn't like all of Verizon's bundled software so started looking into how I could get rid of it. I found information about "rooting" the phone so I did that. After deleting quite a few of Verizon's bundled apps, the phone quit working and now only boots as far as the red Verizon screen and then just stops.

My question is: Can I install a custom operating system for T-Mobile on this phone or does it have to be Verizon's version since the phone was made for Verizon? I'm really confused about all of the information on the net regarding custom recoverys (what's that), CyanogenMod (CM), etc, rooting, superuser, the differences between the same phones made for different networks, etc.

Is there a good tutorial somewhere where I can learn about all of this stuff?

Any help and/or answers to these questions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon on T-Mobile

Try a factory reset. It will come through T mobile, and shouldn't have the Verizon apps.

AC App on SGS3