Polaris Viewer 4.1 Sucking 32% of my battery!!!!

Richard Johnson6

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Polaris Viewer 4.1 is sucking 32% of my battery even when I'm not using my phone! My phone dies before noon without using it!
I have:
-Disabled the app
-Force Stopped the app
-Cleared the Cache
-Cleared the Data
-Turned off the phone and pulled the battery
The App is still reporting that the app is using 32% battery. HELP! I need to uninstall this crap and it seems to be embedded in the OS!...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you disable it, does it actually show as disabled afterwards, and does it remain disabled? It really shouldn't be doing anything if it's disabled.

I wonder if it might be some weird result of trying to access an SD card with a corrupt file in it--this usually shows up as "Media Scanner" or "Mediaserver," though. See what happens if you unmount your SD card (in Settings>Storage​), and removing it.

Richard Johnson6

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. The application is not on the SD card, however, I am given the option to move it to the SD card. Should I turn the app back on, move it to the SD card and then try what you are suggesting?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, what I meant was that there might be some corrupt media file on the SD card that is separate from Polaris Viewer. When there is a corrupt file, the system's Media Scanner can get hung up on scanning it, and that can use up a lot of battery. I'm just wondering if Polaris Viewer is doing something similar. So it doesn't matter that Polaris isn't on the SD card--try unmounting it and removing the card, and see if the problem persists.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87