What does reveal my location for third parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lzr000

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I am out of country and trying to deposit a check by using my bank's app (my daughter sent me pics of the check). I activated VPN with US as virtual location, cleared bank's app cache and disabled location permission for the bank's app. Still, the bank's app pops a message that I can do this action only while in US. I wonder what's in my phone still reveals the location after I done all the above?
I have Moto G Power with Android 11.

Lzr000

Dec 9, 2019
Visit site
I've got a couple of ideas... but I'm not sure I want to be complicit in what could be considered fraud lol.

If Android officially allows location disable and mcafee officially provides VPN, I call it privacy, not fraud. And backdoor tracking of a location is invasion of privacy.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If Android officially allows location disable and mcafee officially provides VPN, I call it privacy, not fraud.

And if a bank explicitly tells you that they do not allow depositing of cheques from outside of your home country and you try to circumvent their security protocols to do it anyway, I'd call that... well, I don't actually know what I call it, but it's certainly not something I think anyone on here should get tangled up with.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After reviewing with Team members we decided this Topic stays closed.

[Thread closed]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174