Why Does My Samsung Galaxy S3 Keep Resetting to Factory Reset?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S3 Keeps Resetting to Factory Reset

Hello, My name is Pete. I have a Samsung Galaxy s3. The problem I am having, is every so often the phone will automatically restart and when it comes back on its back to factory settings and all my data is gone. What would cause this?

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Keeps Resetting to Factory Reset

Have galaxy s4 that automatically resets to silent ringtone. Will not respond to volume up key. Must move screen slide to max volume, immediately resets to zero. Not hardware, definitely software. See many posts since beginning of year but no solutions. What is wrong Android? and how do we fix it?

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

Sounds Like the flash chip inside in which in your internet data may have been damaged for corrupted. This may happen it the device had been dropped or got water inside of it.

My suggestion, if you purchased a warranty with the device is have it replaced. This cannot be fixed with simple software updates.

You may try to root it and install a fresh rom and try to get it to work of Mico SD card. That may fix this problem, But it would be able to be used as a cell phone at that point because It will loose all direct access to the phone's hardware profiles.

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Not internet related. Phone ringtone ONLY. Settings, My Device, Volume. Everything works but Ringtone. Slide to right, release, immediately returns to silent.

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Ok. I think I solved it. Powered down, removed OtterBox Defendet case. Restarted. Ringtone works normally. Powered down. Re-installed case. Powered up. All is normal.
Have no idea why.

PeterCareme

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

I started this post. I am so done with this stupid Samsung Galaxy S3. Does not update past 4.1, keeps restoring it self. Trash. Im not going android this time around. I pay to much money to that these problems with phones. :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty