Best MicroSd card for Galaxy s4?

ManvirS

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay so following the 4.3 update I want to buy a MicroSd card the best one I can find is 32GB from Toshiba. Will that work fine with it?

Posted via Android Central App

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It should work. An SD card is an SD card. Yes some transfer files a touch faster, but I've used cheap eBay ones as well as expensive ones and I have not really noticed a great deal in difference.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

ManvirS

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Alright thanks because I heard people say that pnly the Samsung sd card will work perfectly.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Class10 isn't going to be worth the extra cost. Class 8is optimal speed on Android. And do before Samsung phones love destroying SD cards.
Be sure it's class 10.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

MazaliO

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I'm thinking of purchasing a SD card the exact same model that you have. Just want to ask if u have any problems with it?

I torn between this model and the extreme version. Does speed for transfer matter when u r using it on ur phone?

I've been using SanDisk forever, they are good and reliable for me.
Currently using

SanDisk 64GB microSD Class 10 Ultra

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
No problems so far with the 64gb - I should say I have 2 since they were on sale at Fry's. I take and save a bunch of pics - about every couple of weeks I pop the other one in and start over while the 1st card gets backed up to my Mac.
I started doing this when my old LG phone corrupted the SD card - don't know if it was the camera, some app, or what... But some folks here have had SD card issues, so I decided to be pro active and swap out my SD card with the freshly formatted spare.

SAMSUNG - SGH-1337

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Go with the samsung class 10 sd card that sd card would work the best with a samsung phone would work alot faster

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Whavever you get DON'T buy SanDisk... they are great cards but have issues with Galaxy S4. I bought one in the same day I got the phone, worked fine 3 days now it keeps giving me a message "SD card unxpectedly removed" every few hours. .. I tried formatting it with all kind of softwares, resetting my phone to factory settings nothing worked.... i then checked the forums and it seems that many people have problem SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10.

Today I'll order a Samsung SD Card 64GB Class 10. I saw people saying that after switching to Samsung ones, the issue stopped. I guess it's the safest way, going Samsung + Samsung...

omar10wahab

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd just like to say I had a random 3rd party 64gb micro sd and the second I put it in my s4 it gave me problems and eventually died without even saving anything. Idk if Samsung cards actually do work best but im sure it will only bea matter of time before it would get corrupted because there are people who also had problem with Samsung 64gb cards. I switched to a 32gb card and it worked for about 3 months than died. I think the s4 just had a problem with 64gb cards. My family also has 3 other s4s and all of theirs either destroyed a 64 gb card or wouldn't work with it. I'd keep it safe and stick to a 32gb card unless you actually need the space and want to take the risk. SanDisk did make a bad batch of micro sds so watch out for SanDisk cards

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Sandisk Extreme works exceedingly well in Samsung devices (IME) but the Sandisk Ultra cards are very very very very problematic.

CM on OgPro

M Dubb

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Alright thanks because I heard people say that pnly the Samsung sd card will work perfectly.

I'm using the Samsung Micro SD. After a recent phone update, I got the "card unexpectedly removed" error. I ended up letting the phone reformat the card. It worked for a week or so, and I got the same error. It happened again a few days ago. So, the Samsung card is note exempt from these issues.

l0v3mon3y08

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I have a 32GB SanDisk hdhc class 10 phone erases everything on the sd card after a while, but only after connecting to pc also hard to put anything on the sd card too pc just freezes. :-(

Lapchaser

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Since i got my S4 i wanted to buy a SD card, but read in some posts and forums about issues with SD cards on s4. That all the pics or videos are destroyed etc,, is that problem resolved now ?

Ken Hughes2

May 16, 2014
Visit site
On a similar vein, I've just purchased a Kingston 32GB SD card and installed it in the phone. My device memory is full (hence the SD card) but I still can't download any more music to the phone. The SD card is mounted so not sure what the problem is? Any suggestions?

CCwhale

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got a Tab 4 off a friend who won it and did not want it. Crazy yes, but he is over 50 and is a Luddite.
The Lexar Professional 64GB 400X 60MB/s SDXC UHS-I Memory Card seems like a good card. going to pick up up today and will report back. Love this Tablet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez