NFC and Morphie Case

mikedo

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Around the first of the year I bought a G4 and due to my experience with the Droid Charge and its poor battery life I chose to get the Morphie case even though it bulked up my phone. I have only once had to use it to keep my phone going. Recently I bought a bluetooth headphone and really like the idea of being able to turn everything on by just touching the two. But it wont work with the case on. I'm concerned about using this large and thin of phone without a case. I don't seem to really need the extended battery. Morphie has little or no help regarding this issue. I'm wondering if anyone else has used any other case and been able to use NFC. Does NFC put a serious hit on the battery if it is on but not used that often.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Around the first of the year I bought a G4 and due to my experience with the Droid Charge and its poor battery life I chose to get the Morphie case even though it bulked up my phone. I have only once had to use it to keep my phone going. Recently I bought a bluetooth headphone and really like the idea of being able to turn everything on by just touching the two. But it wont work with the case on. I'm concerned about using this large and thin of phone without a case. I don't seem to really need the extended battery. Morphie has little or no help regarding this issue. I'm wondering if anyone else has used any other case and been able to use NFC. Does NFC put a serious hit on the battery if it is on but not used that often.

I used an OtterBox Defender on my S4 and NFC works just perfect with no issues what so ever. And I used it frequently with several NFC tags. Hardly notice any battery drain from having it on and using it regularly.
Hope that helps.