How do you spot a faulty/broken microSD?

MaAsp

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently bought a Samsung MicroSD 32 gb class 10 card hoping to be able to save pictures and videos taken with my camera. I did not look into issues between cerrtain brands of cards with the S4 though I thought that buying a Samsung card would guarantee some certainty.

However I have been noticing that the card transfers camera photos very slowly and that they dont "show" when i open my gallery in the phone menu. I have a file manager app so I can see them and open them from there. Overall I have a feeling that the functionality and performance of the phone is worse now when I have this card. My question to you is that if I suspect this how can I be certain of this? Are there any apps/programs that I can use to make sure that the card is working properly. Shall I reformat and if so, which FAT or NTFS?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Are they just not showing or do you see a corrupted image (usually it will display a gray image with a lightning bolt in the center when they are corrupted)?
If you're going to format it, doing it from within the phone will automatically select the one best suited for your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87