S4 Active AT&T Monthly Contract

ripple87

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using Samsung Galaxy S2 for the last 2 years and am a huge android fan. I'm thinking of buying a new Android phone and was looking at Galaxy S4 Active as I'm quite clumsy and the reason why I'm upgrading is because I've spoilt my S2 by dropping it so many times. Now I have a couple of issues and I'd really be grateful if someone can throw some light on them
1. I live in India and S4 Active isn't available here.
2. I'm going to the States for work next month and would be put up there for at least 3 months.
3. AT&T in US offers S4 Active on a Month to Month Contract for USD 595
4. Unlocked ones on Amazon cost at least 100 USD more
Can someone please tell me what this month to month contract entails ? Since I'm paying the full price, does this mean that the phone would be unlocked ? If it's not unlocked ( which I have a feeling would be the case ), would AT&T unlock it ( easily without any tantrums ? :) ) so that I could use it in India ? ( I don't really want to run the risk of getting the phone unlocked from a 3rd party lest it damage the phone )
I couldn't get a definite answer on this anywhere on the net.

mikeysmikey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I say once you get to the states buy the phone and month to month contract. You're only locked in to contract for 30 days at a time, so when you get ready to go back to India call AT&T and tell them you're leaving the country and need an unlock code. They'll give it to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty