Best transfer from one S4A to another

CarltonJane

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had home button issues and AT&T sent me a new phone. I tested it by moving my sim and micro sd over and barely anything moved over. 5 of my 1000+ contacts were there. I fully realize I was impatient but in the middle of the work day, I went back to my old one. I originally moved from blackberry with not much issue (surprisingly).

Since then, I have plugged in to my computer and pulled all that I think I will need that is saved on the actual phone.

If anyone could help me with what the best program to move everything over, that would be great. I need the contacts and text messages as well as the programs I've downloaded.

Thanks again. I'm a droid phone newbie but i've been on a droid tablet for 2 years so I can sort of follow instructions :D

-CjBf

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all, make sure your contacts are stored in your Google Account. That's easily the best way to transfer them to another phone without the issues of name formats and limits of the SIM Card.
For your programs, you could use software like Titanium Backup if you wanted to keep all your settings and stuff, but I'd recommend just starting fresh. Your Google Account should, upon registration in the new device, pull up all the info it needs to re-download and re-install your apps, but the trade-off is that you have to re-configure everything all over again.

CarltonJane

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately, the google account didn't move everything. I tried several things included kies and easy backup and super backup. all that's missing now is the mms pictures from the texts. I called at&t and asked for an extension and they said yes ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles