Emergency Calls Only error... brand new S4

Dwight Kuhl

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
New S4 Active (less than 10 days old) with a new sim card installed by At&t salesperson... Was loving the phone and suddenly today I went to make a call and the phone says "Emergency Calls Only"?
At&t phone support said (called on my other work phone) had me remove, clean, and reinstall the sim and it worked... but it did it again 2 times afterwards!? What gives?

- Demon 6

Original_grump

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Don't feel bad. I'm on my 3rd Galaxie S6 Active with the very same problem. AT&T refuses to let me get a totally different (never had this problem with my Nokia Windows phone from AT&T). I said &&^^&++&%# to Samsung phones and tossed mine in a drawyer. Reinserting a sim 4 to 5 times and rebooting it 4 to 5 times, SHOULD NOT have to be done! I bought a refurbished Nokia Lumia at Best Buy, installed my Sim into it and have had no problems since then. I am beginning to think it's eithr the software, or that ridiculous itty bitty sim card and holder that Samsung uses ( just inseting the sim will knock it off center sometimes). One thing is for sure...I will NEVER get another Samsung pone. My first one was the original Galaxie....never had any problems back then, when a normal sized Sim was used. And I used to swear by them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez