s4 active water damage?

SofieCobain

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
i went swimming and my phone was working fine, it got splashed a bit, but not there is water leaking through the screen, and it is stuck on safe mode, i did a hard reset and regular reset, i am very confused and weirded out since it was working perfectly fine and then it stopped and went into safe mode which i cannot get out of.
the menu button [left button] and keyboard click and turn on when not needed, and makes it difficult to do anything. please help

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i went swimming and my phone was working fine, it got splashed a bit, but not there is water leaking through the screen, and it is stuck on safe mode, i did a hard reset and regular reset, i am very confused and weirded out since it was working perfectly fine and then it stopped and went into safe mode which i cannot get out of.
the menu button [left button] and keyboard click and turn on when not needed, and makes it difficult to do anything. please help

I have had two S4 Actives damaged by water (and yes my back cover and charging port were closed correctly) . Samsung will replace your phone once free of charge for water damage but I do not have any confidence on the "water resistance" of this phone!

Sofie, Did you have any water in the phone when you took off the back cover?

Are your white water exposure stickers red now when you look under the cover?

r0wl4nd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Samsung uk will not guys. I worked for them and on a few occasions this news had to be given out. Sorry I don't know your locations.

Posted via Android Central App

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung uk will not guys. I worked for them and on a few occasions this news had to be given out. Sorry I don't know your locations.

Posted via Android Central App

I think this was a special deal Samsung worked out with AT&T. (Trust me i've had two replacements on two lines all ready) Samsung will do a one time replacement for water Damage here in the states for AT&T customers.

Sorry they are not doing anything for UK customers.......

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...acement-for-a-water-damaged-galaxy-s4-active/

http://phandroid.com/2013/08/07/galaxy-s4-active-water-damage/