galaxy s4 active goes crazy! plz help

lpardess

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi
first of all i'd like to say that i know there are other pepole who have this errors, but no where did i find a solution to it.
the problems started few months ago, cant point my finger of what or how they started(maybe you can)
the problems:
1. phone goes crazy. every 20 minuts it changes screen and opening windows i did not try to open, writing an sms or searching is impossible. i need to lock the screen or to shot it down in order for it to work.
2. phone gets stock all the time and i need to lock and unlock for it to work

3. the phone usually gets really warm when it happens but sometimes not

It is still on warranty, i sent it 5 times already and what they did all the time is restore it, clean it but nothing else. it has been restored 10 times but the problems still repeating itself.
the galaxy importer labs said the one or few of my apps cause it(all apps are from google play- i dont have that many)
and every time i do restore- most of the problems disappear until i download some apps. but these apps are whatsapp or facebook and im having a hard time the believe that its these apps that causing the problems.

i thought it could be a problem in the touch screen or a problem in the active softwere but ive got to know what is causing the problems so i could maybe find a way to fix it. the hardware and software are updated but it happend even before the update

thanks for your help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be tedious, but it sounds like the best approach is to remove all of your apps, then start installing them again one by one. Wait a while in between installations to see if and when the problem starts again. You probably don't have to worry about apps like Facebook that have millions of installs. But if you can live without the other apps for a few days, then do the slow one-by-one installation, and see if you can narrow things down.

lpardess

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
i did try it but not for long
i installed immidatly whatsapp and most of the seriouns problems didnt accur. after 2 days i installed facebok and the problems came back. when i deleted facebook- nothing changed and the problems kept showing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you installed Facebook, did you also install Facebook Messenger? If so, I wonder if FB Messenger might be conflicting with WhatsApp.

Try the reverse--install Facebook, but don't install WhatsApp, and see how it goes.