A few S4 questions

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got the galaxy s4 and am having a few problems...

1. Music- I put all my music on my sd card because i have a 64g card. Some songs won't play but when I re-copy them they do... also, the albums I had put into folders cant be in folders because it will say it doesnt recognize that format.

2. Videos- Wont play my movies. Maybe its because I have them in folders so when I look in my gallery it gives me the names of all my movies is separate slots. I cant watch videos I took with my s3 (they are wmv)

3. Root- should I root? I know all about it for the most part. I rooted my captivate and s3 and a few friends phones but Itll make me want a custom rom. I know cm10 doesnt have working motion sensors (id like to know why if you could explain) and what roms can use the sensors yet be more customizable.

4. What apps are good for the s4? I have a few. I have Everything Home, Floating Notifications, and Invi. What else would really make this phone look good?

5. The s3 had some motion detection I liked. My main being when any noisebis sounding if you turn the phone facedown all noise stops (music, calls, anything). I tried to see if the s4 gets them but found nothing...is it possible to get them? Or no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
1&2--- what player are you trying to use? For music I use PowerAmp (best player/equalizer), and it doesn't matter if you leave them in folders or not, the app will recognize it and play it.

3-- As long as you haven't updated to the most recent update, you can root, and I recommend it. I'm running Hyperdrive; Stock TW rom, with no bloat and tons of tweaks. Best rom out there in my opinion, you can choose to use the stock launcher or Google (like google edition ASOP). {At this time it's only available for VZW S4, but the dev is working on making it work with Tmobile/Sprint/AT&T variants}

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I will look at poweramp. I used double twist when I used a custom rom in my s3 and apollo didnt work. I didnt like double twist because of the shuffle.

And im on android 4.2.2. Its the os I got when I got the phone. Kies said it was uo to date so I think im updated....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

thunderclap

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
With the hyperdrive rom do you still get to use the motions?

I assume you're talking the Samsung features like air gesture and whatnot? I can't confirm it with Hyperdrive, but I believe most custom ROM's that are based off of TouchWiz retain these features.

I use CleanROM and the Samsung gestures are still present.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89