CyanogenMod or GPe ROM?

niko_orsini

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!
I have an i9505 and I can't stand TW anymore.
However, I don't know what to choose: CyanogenMod or a GPe ROM? Why? And, if you'd choose a GPe ROM, which one would you choose? There are so many of them..

Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
CM will bring more features, such as custom notification toggles, some launcher options, etc, unless the makers of the GPe ROM are adding stuff on top of Samsung's firmware as well.

Nelson Guerrero

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Go with the Google Edition rom. It was just updated and it is the smoothest ROM I have tried with the Galaxy S4.

I have tried the touchwiz roms and the CM roms but this is definitely my favorite.

The CM 10.2 nightlies have too many bugs right now to be a daily driver. There was an update that didn't even let the phone boot just a couple weeks ago. And even after that there were some crashes like in the camera. So I had to leave it. Maybe in a month i'll check it out again.

The Google Edition rom is so smooth and I have never had a rom as smooth as this one. Everything works out the box too. The only thing I miss that I used was that the "recent apps" does not have a button to dismiss all the apps. You have to do it one by one. And its basically stock android. There are really no customizations.

CM has more options. Like the option to customize the quick settings. Also customize certain things in the notification bar. But switching to the Google Edition I don't miss these customizations much.

If you want the most stable and smooth rom go with the Google edition. If you want more customization go with the CM rom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty