Root for benefits

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had the galaxy S4 verizon for over 2 weeks and I really like the android OS. The only thing that I miss from the iphone is the email client.. Android email client sucks big time....

Soooooo
My only issue besides the email client is the LAG what is up with the LAG.....SLOW.......So if i root the device and remove the bloatware will this help on the lag or do I need a samsung stock Rom or Hyperdrive Rom....

Note I disabled everything I don't use. I also I went into developer options and changed all 3 animations to 0.. That helped a little..I also am running NOVA launcher.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You could most certainly root and flash a Vanilla ROM to free up more space on your phone which should make it smoother for you.

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely going to Root my S4.. When I root it and remove all the bloatware will that make it faster or is a new rom needed. for speed..

Also if rooted can I get update when kitkat comes out

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You could root and keep the stock ROM but a lot of custom ROMs are optimized for speed. I would flash a new ROM.

If you're rooted, you'll most likely get KitKat before your carrier releases it.....lol Some devs are that fast :)

Sent from my AT&T GNote 2 on top of a Beanstalk

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
ok thanks which Rom's do you recommend. I like the Hyperdrive Rom since I can keep some of the stock features..

Recommendations are welcome

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had the galaxy S4 verizon for over 2 weeks and I really like the android OS. The only thing that I miss from the iphone is the email client.. Android email client sucks big time....

Soooooo
My only issue besides the email client is the LAG what is up with the LAG.....SLOW.......So if i root the device and remove the bloatware will this help on the lag or do I need a samsung stock Rom or Hyperdrive Rom....

Note I disabled everything I don't use. I also I went into developer options and changed all 3 animations to 0.. That helped a little..I also am running NOVA launcher.

I use K9 for my email.
I stopped using the standard email client years ago.

john6969

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
looks like my phone was upgrade to samsung i545vrudml1......Does anybody know the process on rooting this version...Please help I like to do this week