Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Statusnone
  • 2 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ongoing notifications

How do I hide these? I at least want the wifi message gone...

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Ongoing notifications

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ongoing notifications-uploadfromtaptalk1369309748283.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the help! You've all been great.

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by beperry1 View Post
    Thanks for the help! You've all been great.

Please direct all concerns and frustrations to the complaint department, which is located here...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ongoing notifications-uploadfromtaptalk1368313967057.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    LdotAdot13 and beperry1 like this.

Pretty sure that notification is a Verizon thing. Don't have it on my Sprint S4.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Beperry1,

I am sorry that no one has yet helped you. To get rid of persistent WiFi notifications, long press and click app info. Once at "android system" press force close. This will get rid of the notification. In the future, please remember that this is a very active forum. Sometimes your thread can be bumped down and no one will see it. We have a moderator team and ambassadors who are trying their best to respond to as many unanswered threads as possible. But we are only humans, after all. If you have any more questions or if I can be of any assistance, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jennifer

To the rest of you, that attitude is not necessary what so ever.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    fantom305 and mark5019 like this.

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Beperry1,

I am sorry that no one has yet helped you. To get rid of persistent WiFi notifications, long press and click app info. Once at "android system" press force close. This will get rid of the notification. In the future, please remember that this is a very active forum. Sometimes your thread can be bumped down and no one will see it. We have a moderator team and ambassadors who are trying their best to respond to as many unanswered threads as possible. But we are only humans, after all. If you have any more questions or if I can be of any assistance, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jennifer

To the rest of you, that attitude is not necessary what so ever.

Sorry, but my attitude is completely warranted. I can't stand when people don't hear a response on their thread in a couple of hours (early morning too) and sit there and sarcastically thank everyone for not dropping what theyre doing to answer the question. If you'll allow people to act like 3 year olds when they don't get their way, then excuse me for being just as immature in my response.

Oh btw I'm sure you'll find some reason in this response to ban or warn me so have at it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    Sorry, but my attitude is completely warranted. I can't stand when people don't hear a response on their thread in a couple of hours (early morning too) and sit there and sarcastically thank everyone for not dropping what theyre doing to answer the question. If you'll allow people to act like 3 year olds when they don't get their way, then excuse me for being just as immature in my response.

Oh btw I'm sure you'll find some reason in this response to ban or warn me so have at it.
    If you have a problem with a post, report it. Regardless of how justified you feel, the attitude was not warranted.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm sorry. My response was at the immaturity of the wall post. My response was just a little adult sarcasm.

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Long press on the notification, press "App Info" and then uncheck the [ ] Notifications box. This is done on an app by app basis.

Android 4.1 and up.

i have an Xperia z1s that has jb 4.3

my issue is that when I turn off background data i get an ongoing notification "background data restricted- touch to remove restriction" and that's annoying because I don't want to accidentally hit that notification and turn background data back on!

a similar notification comes on for USB connectivity. I don't need a notification to let me know my phone is connected to my laptop!

Is there a way to remove these notifications without rooting my phone? If I do have to root my phone, then after that, what would be the process of removing these notifications. When I press and hold the notification, click on app info, it takes me to

1. Android system
    2. USB connectivity

both aps have the notifications check box grey'd out and permanently checked.

Quote Originally Posted by beperry1 View Post
    How do I hide these? I at least want the wifi message gone...
    Posted via Android Central App
    Wanam xposed module (requires root) can get rid of the wifi connected message.