help me make the best choice

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I Currently have an HTC one. An amazing phone but I put it up online for trade.

I've been offered an s4 with a dent on the bezel

And a mint Note 2 with $100 on top

Im working in home renovating
And going to college in September.
I will use the phone most for playing music. Web browsing. And videos

I definitely like the multiview window on the Note 2, great multitasking.
Can the s4 do this ?

Will the Note 2 get any s4 features in future updates ?

Im kind of put off by the huge screen on the Note. The battery is very good thou

What will it be guys. S4 or Note 2?
Or why should I even leave the ONE.....

Posted via Android Central App

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I spent time with both the HTC One and The S4 prior to making my decision to purchase the S4. I absolutely love the phone, I had a Note 2 in the past and loved it as well however found it to be a little too big for my liking. When home it was great but for everyday use while out and about I found it to be a little too big.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the Note 2, IMO its the best Super Phone...until the Note 3 comes out. I only gave it up to to have the latest.

Except for hTc's BoomSound, Samsung's Media Player is much better with Multi View/Window, ExFat with microSD (4GB+ HD files) and of course viewing Web Pages on 5.5" is much better.

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If you're a spec freak you may want to wait for the slightly pricier Note 3. My own personal preferences speaking say go with the S4. Battery life may not be as good as the Note. But it is quite close.

Last edited:

chicagocouch

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you want. The Note 2 only has 16gb internal...unless you root it. If you don't know how to do that, you could brick your phone. The S4 has 32gb...and, again, I'd like a 64gb version. I went for the S4 and depending on how bad the ding is, I'd go for the S4 as well. M9st likely, you'll have a cover so will never see it. They're both great phones. If the Note 2 was 32gb....hands down the Note 2.
But...even though the S4 has more bells and whistles, an undamaged phone PLUS $100?? That really sounds like a good deal. As much as it pains me to say this...go with the Note 2. As you can tell, I did a stream of consciousness post so it's an honest suggestion. And I LOVE my S4. Also...remember this. The Note 2 has Flash...but the S4 is HTML5 so no Flash on the native browser. You have to download the Boat Browser from the Google shop to watch any freaking Flash videos, movies, etc...and THAT really pissed me off!! As a matter of fact, had I known (read some reviews), I probably wouldn't have gotten the S4. Don't really dig the other browser...but, eh...could be worse.
If you're used to Flash....get the Note 2.
Ok...'nuff said.

HimOffTheTelly

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still rocking the original Note over here, and only now looking towards its eventual replacement (battery life stinks after JB update, and I've never been able to use it while on charge as it discharges too quickly in use - as a heavy user I do always carry a spare battery but the batteries are aging now and seldom see me through the day in succession). Don't get me wrong, as a pocket computer I still love the phone, and perhaps more so after the many extra features it inherited with the last update. Although off-putting to the novice user i find the various configurations of access through Samsung's button layout and software features perfect for my needs after mastering them. This is why, being happy to stick with the Galaxy brand for my next phone despite temptation from the likes of HTC, Sony and LG, I've become particularly enamoured by the Galaxy S4. With a much higher screen resolution than both generations of Note, and a screen size that isnt much of a massive downsize, I see this as a potential future purchase. The only thing I'm holding out for is the Note 3. I believe that if they can do an S4 on it, by cramming a bigger screen into a frame roughly the same size as either of the previous generation Notes, then I'll probably be in. If the phone turns out bigger then I would probably go with the more pocketable S4. I know my choice and reasons might not be of much help to someone considering Android anew, and I dont prefer Samsung phones over the alternatives for anything other than personal reasons, but I can honestly say that plasticky as they may be, they are not a bad choice.

Actually I was in a Carphone Warehouse (a popular UK phone shop chain) where working models of the current main three: Experia Z, HTC One, and S4 were on display side by side. I have to say that from my short experience sampling all three they would probably all be an unregrettable choice, but I couldnt help slyly thinking how awesome a phone would be that consisted of certain attributes of each one. Thus: the sleek styling of the Z with the hard boiled construction/materials of the One and the dazzling super Amoled screen of the S4. Now, maybe if Google is reading: maybe I have just described a potential Nexus 5 lol!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I Currently have an HTC one. An amazing phone but I put it up online for trade.

I've been offered an s4 with a dent on the bezel

And a mint Note 2 with $100 on top

Im working in home renovating
And going to college in September.
I will use the phone most for playing music. Web browsing. And videos

I definitely like the multiview window on the Note 2, great multitasking.
Can the s4 do this ?

Will the Note 2 get any s4 features in future updates ?

Im kind of put off by the huge screen on the Note. The battery is very good thou

What will it be guys. S4 or Note 2?
Or why should I even leave the ONE.....

Posted via Android Central App

PS - The Galaxy S4 does have multi-view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa