Startup vibration on the gs4 - insanely strong - defect?

paddylaz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has this issue - my vibration is perfect when using the phone (i've experimented with all the intensity levels), but whatever I do, when I restart the phone or turn it on when it's been off, the vibrate you get at boot rattles the entire phone like it's coming apart and sort of results in a shrill echo from the speaker too.

Anyone else got this? If so anyway to disable it??

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has this issue - my vibration is perfect when using the phone (i've experimented with all the intensity levels), but whatever I do, when I restart the phone or turn it on when it's been off, the vibrate you get at boot rattles the entire phone like it's coming apart and sort of results in a shrill echo from the speaker too.

Anyone else got this? If so anyway to disable it??

I was a little taken aback that some vibration notifications when I got the phone sounded like a fog horn. Is that what you mean? (This did not happen to me at boot.) They were really loud--so loud, I thought it was a notification tone, not a vibration. I've pretty much turned vibrations off, since in some cases they kept coming even when I changed the type of vibration in settings.

I could never entirely figure out the rhyme or reason for it. Sometimes I would get what I set. Then I'd be sitting and for no particular reason I'd get that loud fog horn vibration that I could hear across the room. (Gmail seemed particularly quirky in this regard and completely erratic.)

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the phone just vibrates very strongly.
My friend and I both have one and they both vibrate with the same surprising strength.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Settings / My Device / Sound / Vibration Intensity.

Configure the intensity for calls, notifications and haptic feedback.

My adjustment for Notifications is just lower than halfway down, and it's fine for me. My phone vibrates just enough, even when turning it on or off. Before, it was indeed really strong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty