screen rotation slow

tielerjon

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? It just seems to me that it should rotate faster than what it does

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having this issue? It just seems to me that it should rotate faster than what it does

Posted via Android Central App

In case no one has said, Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried a different launcher or turned the Windows, Animation and Transitions scales down to .5? This might help with your issue.

Xnerdz

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Aaron Watson
The screen rotation is slow probably because you messed with settings. Check if you have smart rotation on. Settings>Display.

That fixed my problem. The Smart Rotation adds up about 1 second of delay before rotating, never realized I activated it... It's such a relief, thanks!

Diablerist

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and it is about to get me as riled up as the auto correct did on my SIII. Rage. Rage incarnate. I have a "Display and Wallpaper", is that what you mean my "Display"? And I don't have a "Smart Rotation" anywhere that I can find, though I do have a "Screen Rotation", which is and has been on (green check mark) and a "Smart Stay" that keeps the screen active as long as someone is looking at it. I don't think either of those is doing anything though since I turned "Screen Rotation" off and as suspected, it stopped rotating. Back on and the screen takes about 2 very long seconds to actually turn. My SIII did it with only a slight delay, just long enough for the phone to know turning the phone in a different direction was not an accident.

Also, I did not get any real directions. Is this something new? I know I can get them online, but not having the little booklet to look stuff up in kinda irritates me too. I am guessing that they finally figured out that most people never read them and stopped printing them to save money.

Dan Ng

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and it is about to get me as riled up as the auto correct did on my SIII. Rage. Rage incarnate. I have a "Display and Wallpaper", is that what you mean my "Display"? And I don't have a "Smart Rotation" anywhere that I can find, though I do have a "Screen Rotation", which is and has been on (green check mark) and a "Smart Stay" that keeps the screen active as long as someone is looking at it. I don't think either of those is doing anything though since I turned "Screen Rotation" off and as suspected, it stopped rotating. Back on and the screen takes about 2 very long seconds to actually turn. My SIII did it with only a slight delay, just long enough for the phone to know turning the phone in a different direction was not an accident.

Also, I did not get any real directions. Is this something new? I know I can get them online, but not having the little booklet to look stuff up in kinda irritates me too. I am guessing that they finally figured out that most people never read them and stopped printing them to save money.

Smart rotation is dummy thing that not existed in note 4 any more. try reboot your phone and you'll probably see the difference. This maybe cache or memory issue that exists on almost on every smart phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinten Althues

May 3, 2019
Visit site
Here's an answer that works for every Android phone (with Android 2.3.3 and higher):

Go to your system settings.
Find "about phone", "info", "about" or "system info".
Find the build number of your device and tap 7 times on it. You should see a succes 'toast' popping up.

Go back to the main screen of the system settings and enter the new "Developer options" menu.
Scroll down (a lot) until you see the "Transition animation scale" option.
Tap it and select a speed (where 1.0× is normal, 0.5× is fast and 10× is extremely slow). You can also choose to turn the animation off.

If it still responds slowly, make sure you don't leave apps open, you clean up your storage and RAM often and "Rotation lock" is NOT on :p