Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps restarting!!

RageRoids

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Now the most Dangerous part! After around 2/3 months usage the Battery will experience Swelling all of a sudden and in the process will bend your Handset Screen outwards (Uneven screen raised outwards from the handset). This happens because the battery swells and looks like a flat pillow and can not fit inside and as a result bends your expensive handset. Samsung should start a product recall immediately and replace all the handsets!!!!

30% seems pretty high but It doesn't surprise me, just look through this forum with endless people complaining of battery issues.

Go to an iPhone forum and hardly anyone's complaining about battery percentage fluctuating.

I already took out my battery last week when I ran my fingers across it and it wasn't flat, I am using my iPhone until I get my 3rd party battery.

RageRoids

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Make sure it a battery issue first and not a rogue app. Restore the phone if you get desperate. Plug the charger in.

The battery problem occurs by shutting down the phone when doing anything heavy and the battery percentage % skipping down.
Btw the restarting problem is similar but not the same as it shutting off.

Skiouros IcyBoy

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
dude, did you solved the problem? my phone started rebooting and after reboot, battery is 0%. BUT battery was charged about 75% before reboot.. please help me...

NamikiPen

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Samsung Multimedia Dock (Model EDD-S20EWE) on eBay, docked the S4, and it kept rebooting every few minutes. I unplugged it after about the 5th time. I don't think I will be using the dock anymore; unfortunately, I don't think I can return it. At least, I hope I didn't ruin the phone. I've plugged the phone directly to the cable and so-far-so-good. It has not rebooted on its own again.

RageRoids

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
dude, did you solved the problem? my phone started rebooting and after reboot, battery is 0%. BUT battery was charged about 75% before reboot.. please help me...

Yup, I fixed my problem.

I bought 2 Anker batterys from Amazon. They are really good. It fixed it.. better than new.

Samsung also sent me a battery. I have batterys everywhere now ;)

Nauman Zaheer

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys. I face the same problem. My s4 starts rebooting randomly and gets stuck on 'Samsung Galaxy S4 ' logo. It gets stuck there and then reboots again and again. What to do? Sometimes when i put in the battery it automatically powers on without me pressing the power button. Could it be a software issue? Should i install the official firmware from odin? HELP!!

Nicky Jennings

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Samsung s4 about 3 months,it told me new software was available, I updated it, every since this update, my phone is constantly rebooting :( especially during a text..this is so frustrating, like 8 times in last 2 days,I always charge it at nite even go to bed. Charges fast and fine, but after update it reboots. Actually froze once with a android on it with a "x" on it. I pulled battery and put back out was working, but now still continues to reboot, it never did this until I updated software. Anyone else's done this? Thanks, Nicky

Gobind Dadyalla

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The same happened with my Samsung S4 4G LTE as well. I removed the battery and the SIM for 10 minutes it worked, but the issue still persist as the phone still restarts by itself. The issue was faced first time when I upgraded the phone S/W to the latest version before that I don't recall that I faced any of such issue. I am now taking the backup to reset the phone to factory default to see if it resolves. Was not expecting this from Samsung..

Ameer Dragneel

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, just replace the battery with new one solved the problem? i got same issue here, just charged with 90% battery left, but suddenly keep restarting...
Please advise

Mikoe71

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I had the same problem and went to the service center. The staff took out the batt and spinned it. If your batt is bloated, it wouldn't stop spinning. So she gave me a new batt. When spinning a perfectly normal batt, it would come to a stop cause its flat. She said a certain number of people would experienced this batt problem. They do not know is the cause of this. Hope this helps

gerntz

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar but not identical issue.

I lost my s4 blaze & got a replacement a week ago. Trouble was that when I plugged it in to charge while powered off, it would automatically turn on. Net, could only charge in on mode & that is much slower. Called T-Mobile service & they sent another. Day later got a second & did same thing EXCEPT a smaller percentage of the time, maybe 1/5 attempts, it would stay off for a charge. Called T-m for a 3rd phone. Currently have the 2nd & 3rd. Third now appears to stay off when power 75-80% of the times I try it. 2nd is still maybe 25%.

Anyone seen this version of problems? Thanks.

OmGnome

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've had this problem also. I just left best buy. The Samsung rep recommend a high speed microSD card. I was using a class 4 card and purchased a class 10 card. The Class 10 card has been working - - - no more rebooting. Hope this is the answer. Good luck! Mine is working so far. So glad didn't have to get a new phone.

Miles1980

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I know this seems mad, but I have had this problem since I have turned on my power saving. I got my gs4 3 months ago and only the last 3 days this has happened. i have turned off the power saving and it has stopped restarting.

Last edited:

Romano Gomes

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont even have an SD card in mine and i have that problem. Within two months it started. So the SD card cannot be the problem! I hope Android can sort this out ASAP. Highly upset. Best phone but too unstable.

Saraswati Sharma

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
my samsung galaxy young had same problem. when i spoke with samsung customer support they told me to give it at the service center as the mobile was very new and it had full warranty. so they serviced it many times, don't know what they did but problem persisted and i scolded them nicely. then they had to change the motherboard of my phone and now the phone is alright. so my suggestion is get it serviced before warranty expires. if anyone is cheating you don't forget to complain at www.akosha.com

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I dont even have an SD card in mine and i have that problem. Within two months it started. So the SD card cannot be the problem! I hope Android can sort this out ASAP. Highly upset. Best phone but too unstable.

And how pray tell did you come to the conclusion that the fault lies exclusively with Android and not even consider the hardware or battery or some other 3rd party software or something wonky with the Samsung software.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Chris Potthoff

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps restarting!! SOLVED

My wife's Galaxy S4 starting restarting a few days ago and was to the point of restarting every 5-10 minutes. After an exhausting (and unnecessary) chat with Samsung, I was able to identify that an app was the cause of the restarting. I went and looked at the apps that were still marked for updating in Google Play. One of them stood out and when I attempted to manually update it, my phone restarted. After the restart, I manually updated the other apps without issue.

Looking at the details for that app (My Play Home), it referenced this error:
"For those of you getting "Error: -24" when upgrading, simply uninstall the app, reboot and re-install. This is a bug in Google Play."

I followed those instructions and the app was updated - and NO MORE RESTARTING.

So my recommendation for those having a similar issue with restarting is to look to see what apps are not updated and try to determine if one of those could be causing the problem. Check them out by installing the updates manually, and if you find the one causing the problem...either (1) uninstall it (2) uninstall it and re-install it (3) disable automatic updates. Ideally, you would also let the app builder know that there was a problem so that they could fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress